Camino 1.0

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
For those who use this browser, version 1.0 will be released on the 14th of This month (February).

If you've never heard of it, check it out at http://caminobrowser.org/

A nicer-looking version of Firefox for the Mac? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

muzikool said:
A nicer-looking version of Firefox for the Mac? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

You've never heard of Camino? :eek:

Grandmaster said:
You've never heard of Camino? :eek:

Yeah I've heard of it, just haven't actually looked at it before. You use it?

muzikool said:
Yeah I've heard of it, just haven't actually looked at it before. You use it?

Not a Mac user so I've never tried it, but I thought Camino was fairly well known and used by Mac users.

Grandmaster said:
Not a Mac user so I've never tried it, but I thought Camino was fairly well known and used by Mac users.

Had you confused with Geffy for a minute, thinking you had a Mac laptop. :s

It's quite a nice browser, definitely nicer than the mess that is Firefox on OS X (Fx is getting better though), I just keep coming back to Safari every time I try and switch away from it.

Just found out, the latest builds of Camino are also universal.

Apparently the only browser, other than safari, to run Intel native. :)

I always liked the Camino chrome. I even had a couple of skins for Firefox and Maxthon that looked like it. :)
That's all I really know about it though.

Firefox OS X - Slow + Native = Camino.

About all there is to know really. Of course there's some things missing from Fx, and some that aren't in Fx... but that's the basics of it :)

I particularly like the fact that you can use the system-wide spell checking in Camino, unlike Fx, plus there's other OS X system based niceties which Fx doesn't pick up on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back