• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Camcorders/ video cameras

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Hubby bought me a Toshiba Camileo camcorder for Christmas but I ended up sending it back cause everything had a purple tint. :cry: I've looked and looked for another but it's made me very wary now.
Do you think I'd get one with a decent picture quality for less than £150? I don't know anything about them to be honest and don't know whether I should look for DV or SD memory? At this rate I'll be getting my xmas pressie after xmas :crosseyed:

epk

Political User
mm.. maybe u'll have to strech ur budget a little

i've been lookin at digital camcorders myself, and i think the ones with internal hd and SD expansion slot are the best and easier to use

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
What exactly was the problem Evil? :)
Dunno, the store tested it, said they found a major fault and gave us the money back.

mm.. maybe u'll have to strech ur budget a little

i've been lookin at digital camcorders myself, and i think the ones with internal hd and SD expansion slot are the best and easier to use
I'm not going to let hubby spend any more than I said, I'd rather do without, I'm not expecting to make blockbuster movies or anything it's just for family stuff.

sony DV stuff is pretty good :)
Ta, I'll have a look around. I might just wait till after xmas now and look in the January sales.

epk

Political User
well.. idk about video cameras, but for photography, nikon makes excellent cameras and lenses

truly top notch (dont get me wrong, canons are really great too)

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I recommend you take a look at the Sony DCR-SR45.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DCR-SR45-Handycam-Camcorder-Optical/dp/B00123UGXK

It's $311 though, and it has 30 GB built-in hard drive and you can also expand the memory with memory stick.

Edit: Have you seen the Flip Mino HD camcorder?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=461911701&pf_rd_i=373705011

Sorry I missed this post, can't have had me glass on :laugh: I did looked at and do like the look of the Flip but it only has 2x digital zoom which put me off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix