• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cable Management Recommendations

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
My cables are getting out of control. I was thinking of getting some velcro zip ties so they can be opened and re-used. Anyone have any cool racks or mechanisms for cable management?

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
wwwdjrcs said:
My cables are getting out of control. I was thinking of getting some velcro zip ties so they can be opened and re-used. Anyone have any cool racks or mechanisms for cable management?
I use cable ties, although they can't be opened up like the velcro ones.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Sorry, I should have specified.

I want something for all the wires, from my speakers, monitor, PC, KVM, router, printer, and a partridge in a pear tree :p

Aprox

Political User
As Grandmaster said cable ties work pretty well for that, I know there are kits you can buy for doing just this, they come with velcro I think. not sure on price though.

As for that partridge, might wanna call animal control on that one.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Ha, thanks for the tip on the partridge :)

As I don't want to go drilling in my new desk, it seems velcro ties (which I already have), is my best option.

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
Home depot and get some 3/4" flex tubing this will let you hide spaghetti. you can also get 1" tubing and the like.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Tubing is a good idea until you decide to move the location of all that crap around. Then you can have one dismantling everything first :p

(I speak from experience)

But if you aren't going to be moving it anytime soon, tubing would work well. I used to use tubing before doing the cable tie thing.

Aprox

Political User
I was going to recommend tubing for the inside of the case, but didnt think it would be a good idea for the outside. It works great for the inside of the case, makes it very easy to condense budles of wires and such.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix