Bush or Kerry?

Freddyforum, you say it all so well.

You must not watch a second of CNN.
Anyone that can stand up and call Bush a leader needs to get their TVs taken away from them.

Freddy I don't understand your reasoning. You're saying that everyone should be equal and should share their wealth...HELLO! If all the rich people saw their money being taken away and redistributed just to be fair, then nobody would want to work at all. The poor and stupid people wouldn't want to work because they would know that they would get money for nothing (you know, to be fair to everyone, like you suggest) and the smart people wouldn't work because their hard-earned money would be taken away and given to others -- just what Kerry wants to do. The bottom line is, we are all born equal and we all make choices on education and lifestyle. Some people make dumb, uneducated decisions and end up poor. Others shouldn't suffer for that. And by the way, if Kerry is so sensitive and cares SOOO much about the middle class and their income, then maybe he can start by giving away his and his wife's one BILLION dollar bank account fortune.

I'm not talking about taking all theyr money ang giving it to the poor...
I'm well aware of peoples choices.

All I'm saying is that the rich rule the world, and while they have all the money, they get richer, while we have to work for, as we say in norwegian: "en dritt å ingen ting" (rufly transelates into "a **** and nothing") while we barly manage to pay the bills.

And you say "poor and stupid" like youre some Virgina tobacco baron, like every poor man and women and child out there is stupid. It's much more difficult for a poor afroamerican kid from South-Central to get a proper education, than it is for a rich white kid from beverlyhills.
No one is born stupid. You gotta understad that we are all products of the sosciaty we grow up in. And poverty is a vicious cycle, poverty breads poverty. You say they make stupid choices, that they mangage bad at school, eventually dropping out, getting a ****ty job or no job at all.
Have you ever asked yourself WHY?? have you ever used the word WHY??? do you know what empathy is?

All I'm saying is that this is wrong, in some way you must feel the same way, unless you think its funny that 35.9 million people in your country live under the poverty-level.
In my country there are only 4 million people, that is 9 times all the people in my country living in poverty!!!! så du høres ut som en feit, dum, rik liten, bortskjemt drittunge to me.

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.

I think people need to stop the personal attacks again.

There is a good debate going on here, with some good points made all round. All of which get lessened when its made personal against someone else.

fimchick said:
Perris...are you serious?
you're joking, right?

sorry again filmchick...this economy is a direct result of this president giving my money to rich people, and this is a fact that can not be denied

his own economic advisor...not a "liberal source" filmchick, this is his own economic advisor... has already told us that this give away to the wealthy is going to be paid with my retirement plan...no need for you to speculate, this is a fact, and this is the Bush economic adviser that has told it to us

great

Let's get one thing straight. NOBODY owes you ANYTHING. The president is not giving your money to rich people.
let's get this straight filmchick, this administration is without a doubt giving my money to rich people.

first you try to use the old "nobody owes you anything", then you turn around and say the opposite, that you think it's a great idea to give my money to rich people...it is incredible this dupiclicty...you seem to think the government does owe my money to rich people...that rich people deserve it, is that what you're saying?

Surprise surprise! They 9rich people0*earned* it! They pay taxes just like you and me and everyone else, and they deserve a tax break just the same!

where in earth did you get the ridiculous notion that rich people have somehow earned my money?..did rich people tell you that?...well, as a matter of fact, they did...the wealthy owned media spews that nonsense, and people actually believe it

now, for your information, and for the future so you know it, rich people did not *earn* my money...get that OUT of your head

I guess the following is going to come as a shock to you;

most of the wealthy here in America are wealthy BECAUSE of the tax philosophy is the very foundation of American economics...I guess you don't know this...wealthy want to make believe this isn't so once they get wealthy, they seem to think they shouldn't pay the bill that got them there.

once the wealth is theirs, the wealthy want to change the very tax strategy that created the success they enjoy, since they don't need the strategy anymore, why should they pay into it ?...that's the ticket as far as they are concerned!!!

they get politicians like Bush to take my money and put it into their pockets...then they spew nonsense about how they earned my money all over the wealthy owned media, and of course, people like yourself think this is effective economic philosophy

then the economy suffers as a direct result, and people just make believe success is just around the bend....sheer genius

in this, the greatest land on the planet, this America, everybody...EVERYBODY...has the chance to make something better of them selfs economically, and it is BECAUSE of the economic strategy that this administration has fought tooth and nail to circumvent

the wealthy want those that are trying to become wealthy to have a harder time of it then they did...this is where we are

how typical

That is, of course, unless you think like Kerry and decide that you are going to steal money from the rich by simply taxing them more (for what, because they are successful?
you have it backwards...Bush has stolen my money and given it to rich people

because they don't deserve every penny they worked for?

huh??? everyone deserves every penny they work for...corrrect...and then in case you didn't know it, everyone needs to pay the bills...you didn't know this?

the rent that is due to this government is a bill that MUST be called and payed...you seem to think wealthy should live here without paying the bill that got them their wealth

typical

sorry, it cost money to run America, and the bill HAS to be paid, and the those that reaped the greatest reward, pay the highest price

you for some reason don't want that to be happening...unbeleivable

That, my friend, is bordeline Marxism

what you suggest is communism, and would be the downfall of our economy

you want a society where the classes are locked, wealthy remain wealthy, and everyone else pays the bill to run this country

Think again before you vote for him

you on the other hand will of course never "think twice" before voting for Bush, he is a republican after all, and nothing else matters to party loyalists

no matter what harm he's done to this land

o matter the ruin he's brought to he reputation of this country

no matter the attacks that he as much as invited on our shore by ignoring his most trusted aids

no matter that he ignored our enemies so to start wars of bsession

no matter the shame he's brought to the office of the presidency

no matter the danger he has brought to this nation for now and generations to follow, at a price yet unknown

you go ahead and vote for Bush

now a lesson in economics 101 for you filmchik;

there is nothing wrong with lowering taxes, and nothing wrong with lowering taxes to wealthy...however, when you lower taxes, the future bill ( which WILL be called ) HAS to be paid by the recipients of the tax give away...

the government should not put my money in a rich persons pocket and then make me pay the bill for it with my retirement fund, or with my children's college education.

you put tax incentives into the middle class and the engine of econonmy...you invest in small and family business, you invest in superior education for those that are worthy but can't afford it...you then have a return for the incestment, and everybody enjoys the return...this is how wealthy in America become wealthy.

those that funded the tax incentive get the return, and the entire country as a whole.

the middle class is the engine that drives the American economy...any...ANY...let me repeat that, ANY "strategy that as a goal or happenstance shrinks the middle class is flawed, and seeks to change this democracy into a society that resembles communism

jimi_81 said:
I'm reading through this thread right now...

TittleBitties...
I noticed your avatar is the green day album cover.
Did you actually listen to that cd? That disc is so anti-bush it isn't even funny. And you're pro-bush?

POSER!!

Hmmm...lets see how many actors are against bush? How many movies with the actors that hate bush have u watched? I just like green day and the music. Also i didnt buy the cd my gf made me a copy of hers so yeah its not like i supported them much. So yeah even if i didnt listen to the cd it doesnt mean i cant have the sig i have now. ( sorry if u cant understand me much i am typing and listening to the teacher give us answers)

TittleBitties said:
I just like green day and the music. Also i didnt buy the cd my gf made me a copy of hers so yeah its not like i supported them much.
You don't have to explain yourself to anyone tittle's,I bought the cd cause I like the music and that's all.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with politic's :D

I'm done with this thread. It's obviously a lost hope. We'll just see what happens on Tuesday.

ThePatriots election prediction: Although it pains me to say this...Kerry will probably pull this election off...hell...the US elected Bill Clinton...twice...so, just goes to show the mentality there. I do believe that Kerry will have THE TIGHTEST security for his term you have ever seen, for if he does become president, there will be ALOT of pissed-off Vietnam Vets who have a very large and sharp axe to grind with him...and rightly so. I truly hope it doesn't happen, but I will not be surprised in the least if one of the said Vets does not try to get payback in a very bad way. I just hope he realizes that his traitorous actions are going to come back and bite him in the ass.

the traitor is the man that stood down the forces of America though he was informed of an impending attack

I don't know which candidate did that, could anyone help along with who did that?

and then again, the man that stood down defense of this country after we were attacked, actually tried to ignore the country that attacked us so he could satisfy his insane obsession in Iraq

I don't know which candidate did that, could anyone help along with this?

the man that witheld vital information that he is required by law and office to present to the branches of government of the United States of America so he could make up war

I don't know which candidate did that, could anyone help along with this?

that's the traitor

I pray for this country that you are right thepatriot, that Bush is not reelected...I fear that he will be though

we'll find out in a few short days

All this talk about money from taxes going to rich people ?? Give me a break, the money from taxes is going to welfare (which should be abolished). Get it right !!

This is a whole nother debate though ...

I feel like I'm watching Fox News after the Presidential Debate with their move to
Spin Alley. Tucker Carlson and Paul Begala in "Crossfire"
:D

mark my words!
Bush will win the election.
And this election is gonna be even more controversial than the one in 2000...

perris said:
I pray for this country that you are right thepatriot, that Bush is not reelected...I fear that he will be though

we'll find out in a few short days
Doesn't really matter, either way this country is going down the pooper, and it goes waaaay beyond the Presidency. Some would argue that accountability has to start at the top, but I disagree. It has to span all walks of life, all incomes, genders, age groups simultaneously...and this country has been SERIOUSLY lacking in integrity, accountability, morals...etc for a number of decades now. What we're seeing is just the end result of the mistakes that started during the mid 60's to mid 70's. Seems to me that society has been in a downward spiral since then. No one, and I mean no one, is held responsible for their actions anymore. You can argue that about Bush as much as I can argue it about Kerry as much as somebody else can argue it about OJ and it all has some aspect of truth. But a change, or no change, of Presidency is going to make much of a difference. Wanna know why we see things like the rececnt "American Al Quada" condemning America? Because we allow it. With Freedom comes a price tag, and we're past due on our payment. We've become the embodiment of "Political Correctness", and we're now reaping what we have sewn. We have become a nation of finger-pointers and buck-passers, and we will answer for it. Maybe Bush isn't the answer...but I know damn well Kerry isn't either.

Freddyforum said:
mark my words!
Bush will win the election.
And this election is gonna be even more controversial than the one in 2000...
LOL, yep, we're gonna need lots of cheese to go with all that whine! :p

The popular vote will be a tie and the Electoral College will give Kerry the win.

I'm disappointed by this but I expect it. It's time to kill off the Electoral College. It existed for a reason when the nation was founded and agriculture ruled and education was lacking. A lot has changed. We may be a nation full of many ignorant people but the Electoral College is no longer needed and, in my opinion, actually makes the entire voting process non-democratic. One [eligible] voter should equal one vote and no one should be able to essentially throw away my vote because the majority of voters in my state picked another candidate.

First Bost won the World Series and now I foresee Kerry winning the election. Hmmm... time to figure out which country I'll seek a new citizenship from.

rotjong

the electoral college has been reaportioned

if kerry wins every state that gore one, including florida, bush would still win

in addition, according to news reports yesterday, 60,000 florida votes have already been lost

surprise surprise

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back