• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Burning problem with Sony's CRX175E

BlazeLeeDragon

OSNN One Post Wonder
Ok, I've owned my computer for 8 years now never had a problem before, have burned tons of disks...

now for some reason today I tried to burn my files for back up, and it says F:/is not accessiable.
incorrect function
this pops up in a little window with a red circle and a white X in the upper left corner.

don't know what's wrong but I have a ton of pictures, videos and programs I don't want to lose....PLEASE help!

I own a sony CRX175E this is a CD-RW drive, never had issues before, only fishy thing is on occastion, the drive would disapear completly in the past, it still plays normal CDs but will not open up as a burner, or auto-play with blank CD...

please help, PM or somthing please...

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
do you get the error - "power calibration error" - if so that is also a sign of a drive on the way out, also a sign of bad media, from what you have said and i have had it before i can burn a disc - eject it, and place it back in the drive an the drive will not read it, even though it burnt it and verified it, got a new drive and disc was fine

BlazeLeeDragon

OSNN One Post Wonder
If your in the USA, download Sony's DriveCheck to make sure it is the drive. Could be a cable needs to be reconnected.

I downloaded and ran the program, however it says burned, and read fine, everything said successful...

now when I go to my computer, and it says the drives this drive is coming up as a CD Drive, when I thought it use to come up as CD-RW Drive....

is there a way to change the drive type?

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
If you right-click on the drive and select properties is there a recording tab?

If not then go into device manager and uninstall the drive then let windows re-detect the drive.

BlazeLeeDragon

OSNN One Post Wonder
If you right-click on the drive and select properties is there a recording tab?

If not then go into device manager and uninstall the drive then let windows re-detect the drive.
no there is not a recording tab, uninstall, I hope this works, either ways, thank you for your help, i'll post an update tomarrow

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
everytime I have problems with any optical media drives I look for firmware upgrades. This drive seems to be old and finding firmware might be hard to come by. But also 20x dvd burners are being sold for like 20-30 dollars and not a pricy upgrade. Hell I burn so many dvds I have to change out burners every six months.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test