Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 and Tomato

zapoqx

Striking Master
Hey all
I saw a couple of threads about it in the search, but I've been wondering about this since most of those threads seemed to be geared to the Linksys routers.
I have a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 Router. Had it for a long time. My father was telling me that he upgraded the firmware to Tomato cause he was having a few issues on some system with connection drops and slow downs.
I looked into Tomato before and was like "I'll think about it."
So I looked at it again today. The GUI screens look nice and I suppose a nicer monitor to check some things could be better.

I know there is the phrase of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." can apply. I was checking for reviews about it and many places say its worth it. I checked the readme and found that there may be a chance that I might not be able to change the firmware back to the original if I have an encrypted firmware (which I do not know if I do or not). I checked Buffalo's website and found the only firmware I know of for the router.
The other thing that slightly bothers me is trying to find support should I need any for whatever reason.
That and I don't have the money to replace my router if I fail the flashing (which I shouldn't because I usually flash things very well... case of point: My Cell and my DS as well as like 3 other people's DS).
So I wanted to see if there was anyone whose had experience with Tomato and maybe better experience from a Buffalo router user if any are here @ OSNN.

Thanks in advance.

Tomato is good stuff, and you shouldn't have any problems with it. I found this on the DD-WRT forums about your router with how to get around the encrypted firmware and such (Buffalo).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back