Browsing while downloading

R

Romeo26222

Hello everybody
I have noticed something in winxp pro..that when I start to download any thing from the internet, the Browsing speed becomes very slow and I can't browse almost any site while downloading :(
any help in this
thanx

Reg

eXperienced!
Not too much other than that

Dial up speeds are limited to 53Kb on standard lines. When you start downloading, you download will consume most of your bandwidth. The only good way around it is to get broadband. Most broadband ISPs burst your connection speed. This means that although you are limited to a set download limit, you connection can burst beyond it. This is how it is possible to have 10 or 15 downloads going at the same time all at high speeds.

Originally posted by Romeo26222
i get it now but why this not happens in winme??
Trust me it DOES happen in WinME. Why you never noticed I don't know. On a 56K there's only so much bandwidth. On broadband the effect is unnoticable.

R

Romeo26222

Ok I read in this site that I can modify the percentage of connection bandwidth that the system can reserve..it is 20% by defualt
so im my case Should i make it 0%?OR 100%?
thanx

Originally posted by Romeo26222
Ok I read in this site that I can modify the percentage of connection bandwidth that the system can reserve..it is 20% by defualt
so im my case Should i make it 0%?OR 100%?
thanx
That's the QoS myth. Changing the value won't have any effect. The 20% isn't "removed" while you surf. It's just how much QoS can reserve for QoS programs if they need it. As far as I know, noone uses QoS (yet?).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut