Break in.

A bat is fine. If it's taken from you you can still dodge a bat, to a point. Ya can't dodge a bullet.

So assuming that he can walk on old wood floors without making a sound, into my bedroom, into wherever I decide to hide a small handgun, load it, after he finds the ammo, and use it?

What are the chances that he brings his own weapon?

Imagine this, he breaks in, looks around hears a faint stirring behind him and that is the last thing he ever does besides the involuntary evacuation of his bowels.

I believe that people actually think that guns go in the kitchen drawers, or cabinets, silly really. Try in a locked drawer by the bed. Or in a safe.

15 seconds and you have your personal protection.

All I have to say is that when you start drinking or smoking enough to carry around a snub nose pistol and shoot anything that makes a sound the weapon isn't to blame. The person is.

'Nads has a good point. But I think Steevo is smarter than that.

Half asleep, in a lock box or safe. 15 sec. in your dreams of Hollywood movies. It has been shown (but I fail to find the links) that anyone other than trained military or police personnel would fumble about for quite a few seconds before getting their bearings and went for a loaded weapon in a lock box or safe. And if the safe is in the closet, the closet is not next to your bed. Unless it's a tiny bedroom.

It's easy to play out these senarios in our heads, but until we are faced with the situation we will never know. You did face part of it. But no weapon was present (intruder had no gun), otherwise you could be dead. Think about it, you suprised him, if he was packin you are toast. Now if you had a weapon with you when you went down stairs then yeah, bad guy could be pushin daisies. I have been robbed at gun point. A gas station I use to work at when I was young. Older gent that was workin with me nearly shiit his pants. I for some weird reason was way to damn calm for havin a 38 shoved in my face. With seconds to think, hmmm, go for the gun, wait till he turns and then..., wait till they are leaving (there was 2 of them. Other was get away driver on motorcycle only one with gun) then... In the end they leave and we all lived. I had 3 opportunities to totally crush the guy, but I just said screw it.

Just be careful is all.

Last edited:
I appreciate the advice, but I have home advantage, and am quite calm as well as experience with weapons.

Gimmie a open sight 30.06 or .270 and I can show you a 2" pattern at up to 250 yards. I have done alright with pistols.

I sleep heavy sometimes, but when woken up I am wide awake. Between the time my wife heard him open the door and take his first step it took me 10 seconds if that to get up and around. 5 to walk down the hall, and a few to walk to the door, lock it and turn around. He was in the house for less than 30 seconds before I had his head on the floor. If I had a weapon like a bat or knife he would have had serious issues, and even more with a gun.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back