• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bored at work......

Zarband

The Iconoclast
I was just wondering how many more of you out there are sitting in front of their computer, having thier soul sucked out by faintly flickering lights, while others prosper from torturing you in the most evil of mental prisons?

Zarband

The Iconoclast
well.....that was a happy thought wasn't it? :p

Actually what I really was interested in finding out, was what kinds of things you guys do for a living if anything. And whether or not you enjoy your job?

Zarband

The Iconoclast
I'm an aircraft mechanic for the Air Force, trying to go to school for my mechanical engineering degree. Need to get out of the AF though and go to school full time. Btw heny, I'm workin the night shift too, send me some food from your supermarket I could use a snack. :D

Zarband

The Iconoclast
Yea so do I normally, at least for the last 4 years. Just recently got put inside in another position, kinda sucks, gets really boring, and I'm restless as hell. Anyway almost time to go home.....:cool:

24x7 tech support call centre, schedule changes every 2 weeks, and I have a bad series of shifts coming up. Afternoons for 4 weeks, then graveyard/night shift for 2 weeks, then back to another 2 weeks of afternoons before getting an 11am start shift. Oh, and after 2 weeks of 11am, another 2 weeks of graveyard/night shift. After that's all done though, I think I have 2-3 months of day shifts starting between 8-10am. I just wish they would break it up more. The job's alright, but it's not a career choice. Gotta get out of the call centre and into a proper IT department somewhere...
Anyone hiring in the GTA???

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
IT Manager for a finance company in london. and as for my soul being sucked out ... it was removed and trodden on long ago. :(

Dublex

Quazatron R6 droid
I'm a Technical Support Engineer - its a good job as its active, and means I don't get to look at flourescent lights all the time :)

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
Zarband said:
right on, what are you studying? I suppose we're all students in our own way huh?
doing Masters in Embedded Systems at IIIT, Bangalore, India.
I did get a job after my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, but my parents 'persuaded' me to study further.

Zarband

The Iconoclast
Wow, right on lots of smart people and stuff, haha. Sounds like you all have a bunch of good jobs. Thankfully i usually get to work outside like I said....but I'll be inside for a few months, good thing too, getting our first snow of the year right now!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies