Booting XP Pro system to DOS

M

moparmartin

I tried to use the "repair" function by booting from the XP CD but it crashed, saying that my BIOS was not fully ACPI compliant. OK, so I go to HP and get an updated BIOS and read the instructions which say that I must create a startup disk by going to Add/Remove programs and select the Startup Disk tab but it is not there on my PC! I presume you need to boot to DOS prior to Windows starting because the insruction then go on from the A:/> prompt. I cannot find any info on how to get to the DOS prompt prior to starting XP Pro so how do I implement the BIOS upgrade?
Moparmartin
:confused:

your gonna have to goto microsoft.com and download their emergency boot disks, they did away with the whole make boot disk thing in 2K, XP...there is also a file on this forum somewhere that is a bootdisk that will boot almost any OS, I can't find the thread right now cause apparently i'm having a brain lapse so just look around for it, if ya wanna try that heheh

You can obtain the a bootdisk from.... (are you ready for this ??)...

http://www.bootdisk.com

(well, what did you expect ???)
it is easier than trying to find bootdisk files at microsoft

:D

at a loss if your just flashing your BIOS why can't he just use a win98 boot disk and flash the bios not even looking at the os yet...then when it is done flashing take the disk out and boot to the os

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back