OSNN Senior Addict
Ok specs first

M2N SLI Deluxe
2gig G.Skill ddr2
xfx 7900gs pci-e
ultra 500w PSU
amd 5600

issue.

went downstairs to do some stuff on the pc andi came to an error stating that the hardware that was installed was not verified....so i rebooted and i got error code beeps. 1 long two short. found it was video. reseeded video and that solved that problem. i then started to boot into Vista 32bit. i was able to log in and then i get a BSOD. it says something about the crash dump initialising. but nothing was happening pc had locked up

so i rebooted and i tried to go into safe mode. before i get to windows i get this error: the file is possibly corrupt. the file header checksum does not match the computed checksum

wtf does that mean? i tried searching but came up short. this is a new pc build thats about a week old and has been extremely solid. nothing has been OCed. There is not blue screen for this error message. its just a black screen with white text. I also tried to reinstll the os. it tries to boot to the cd and i get the error message stated above after it reads the OS cd.

any help?

i wasnt sure where to post this. move if need be. thanks
craig

Last edited:
Issue fixed.

I did a BIOS update which fixed the checksum error. but now i couldnt get past the BIOS. found that I may have a possible DVD rom thats gone hay wire. once i disconnected this drive i can boot up and run very well now.

yeh mate i got the same problem, error message saying :

"The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the compted checksum."

i have vista home premium. specs are...

Amd x2 4600
2gb ddr2
asus m2n sli-deluxe mobo
nvidia 8800gtx

ever since upgrading to vista its been running real choppy, and sometimes ill open a programme and it just wont open, frusterating as hell, and whenever it runs real bad i restart computer, and that error message comes up. ill try upgrade my bios and see if that fixes it but ill keep an eye on this forum to see what u come up with.

It sounds like a hardware compatability problem, and yea, I know it makes no sense that it would run fine for weeks then crap out. I would check for vista drivers for your DVD Rom drive and seek if you have the most up-to-date.

Hey Dark

Definately do a BIOS update. Ever since ive done this Ive not seen this error message. Its been awhile since this happened but i read somewhere that the BIOS for these boards needed an update so that Vista sees all the proper hardware so there is no bootup errors or BSOD.

It sounds like a hardware compatability problem, and yea, I know it makes no sense that it would run fine for weeks then crap out. I would check for vista drivers for your DVD Rom drive and seek if you have the most up-to-date.

hey man, check out my posts. the first two are from april. my second post says that is has been solved. i found a bad dvd drive as my issue...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back