bman

Yea, I took it off awhile ago, because I'm still working on it alot. I was told it's better to keep it off untill 100% finished.

Yes and No.

Incase people have bookmarked or may go back to your site, might be good to keep something up there. Not necessarily an "under construction" bit (those are annoying as ****), but something along the lines of what will be there, and that it's coming soon. Maybe give them a teaser of sorts...

i was thinking about that, but the only people who seen it was the people on this forum, so it dosen't matter

lol oh sorry :nervous:

I'll keep you guys updated when I make process.

Here is an updated version, totally redesigned....what do u think

Remember, this is a concept, nothing really done here,

I'm the left, would be headlines, main content, right would be details and whatnot

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. But some users might be confused that you do graphics (like decals) for cars because of your header image.

nice, but do you just do graphics for cars bman? as madmatt said :D

Aso, you may want to use a more pro name, as bman could get people thinking of batman etc.

ahh, your design is nice, but I don't think it's very good for a business. Something a little more formal would be in order I would think; get your navbar either horizontal or vertical-but off to the side. Also the car has to go- or you can add to it and make a small compilation of multiple objects?

Then again, I'm just being critical; for the most part nice job :)

the style I'm trying to go for is not business, If I was to become big persay, i would want to be known for my style, fun, different, creative. The car is getting removed, I'm working on a logo right now, I'll update in abit.

I don't know, I'm just not a good logo designer....

not sure if I can call this a logo, but I'm trying a new design

I don't mean to be harsh, but I just don't like either of them. I'm no pro myself, but if I were to visit that site for whatever reason, I just wouldn't stay for too long or want to purchase any services from you.

Of the two, the first one is the best. I actually like the header a lot, the car doesn't implicate, IMO, that you only do graphics for cars. I think it shows that you are sleek, cutting edge and different, as that seems to be a high-class, luxury car. Outside of the header, I just don't like the overall flow and arrangement or the fonts of anything else.

Header number two just doesn't do it for me, not really sure why, but it's not legible and I wouldn't be sure what I'm doing there at your site.

Just being honest, if you stick with Header #1 I think that may be a solid foundation though....

Thanks for your input, I guess choosing the logo header is the hardest part. One, you have to do something you like, something that looks good, but also that other people are going to be interested in.

I really like the second one, since it is more of my style I think. I'm not sure what you mean by not legible, I can tell what it is, and what it says (but I guess that might be because I designed it).

Anyone else have some comments on the two of them, or any other ideas?

In my defense I'm still a bit hungover, so anything that is NOT Times New Roman is hard to read :p

I agree that the Header is key - and on that topic did you notice that bobsalot stole the graphic for his sig? :eek:

You need a logo, one that can be marketed. Business logos are key.

Attachments

• Animation1.gif
    Animation1.gif
    118.8 KB · Views: 94
yes, and it's the hardest part, originally I wanted some kind of cool B design, but I couldn't come up with one.

He stole the car graphic? I made the wallpaper for him originally.

here is another update....I took the second design, and made it abit more business like.....kinda lol

Alright, I have been coming closer to completion. I have one problem

I'm not sure how many of you know this technique. I create a template, design in photoshop, transfer it into fireworks, and with fireworks I put slices onto the .psd file....creating images and html areas, ready for use within Dreamweaver.

As shown in the screenshot, there are areas on each of my pages with a slight color difference. Which I can't seem to find where it is coming from. On the original psd file, and image file they are fine. Once I put slices on it and work with it in dreamweaver these show up....

WHY!!!!!!!! i really don't understand, this never used to happen...

Any help people????

I think this has something to do with the saving of the images used by the site. Most browsers don't display a colorcode saved in an image and the same colorcode displayed by html the same...

Are you using jpgs for the main image files? If so, try png or an indexed gif.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back