• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best way to convert VHS from a VCR to movie files and DVDS.

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
I’m looking for a card that’s sole purpose is to convert safety videos on VHS from a VCR to .avi's then maybe to dvds.

Is a TV card the best idea for this? anyone have any recommendations been awhile since I have followed them.

~Sean

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Ati's tv tuners are a good route to do this.

I have converted a few of my friends VHS' to formats for tv's and dvd's.

You should be able to use Hauppauge cards for the same, or Pinaccle products.

They are all good.

if your looking for vhs to dvd, just buy a vhs to dvd recorder. something they would sell at best buy. It would probably the easiest way to go. In my opinion.

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
if your looking for vhs to dvd, just buy a vhs to dvd recorder. something they would sell at best buy. It would probably the easiest way to go. In my opinion.

I also need the functionality of having them as files. We use a file server to access safety information and use media player to play them. That way they don’t have to carry around a dvd.

Do what celtic suggests. Then stick the dvd in any computer and rip it using Nero. Handling and compressing TV card files will be HD space and time comsuming.

And I beleive ATI uses a proprietary format that needs to be converted or a special viewer installed on each machine. Can't remember for sure.

Running through a video card is too much like work.

vertigo

OSNN Senior Addict
And I beleive ATI uses a proprietary format that needs to be converted or a special viewer installed on each machine. Can't remember for sure.
if it does, it's the first i've heard of it. anyway it would come with WDM drivers so any capturing application will do :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown