Best mobo for a 2.8C p4

Syrus

OSNN Addict
Hi im looking for a motherboard for my P4 2.8C and i would like a motherboard without onboard gfx and one that doesn't support SATA and i have 70quid MAX

p.s.
i had an Asus P4s800 but it had duff IDE channels so i don't want another.

thanks
Dan

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
You could try the EPOX EP-4PCA3+, gets good reviews and is about 134$ at Newegg. I personally always buy ASUS mobo's, they have always been rock solid for me.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I will be posting a little info thinger when I install and fire up my new MSI board tomorrow...

@ the moment... its a recommend but give me till tomorrow to poat about it

Syrus

OSNN Addict
alrite cheers
one question..........if i was to buy a dual DDR motherboard does that mean i have to use the modules in groups of two? i only have one module at the moment.

Thanks
Dan

Taurus

hardware monkey
Originally posted by Syrus
p.s.
i had an Asus P4s800 but it had duff IDE channels so i don't want another.
that was probably because oof the SiS chipset. generally it's a good idea to stay away from those. for p4, stick to intel's 865 and 875.

Originally posted by Syrus
one question..........if i was to buy a dual DDR motherboard does that mean i have to use the modules in groups of two? i only have one module at the moment.
one module will work fine. but two (preferably identical) will give you a performance increase.

Abit IS7-M
Asus P4G800-V (ATX)
Asus P4G800-VM (mATX)
Gigabyte GA-8IG1000 (Rev 2.0)

UGH... i just realized you said without onboard graphics..!
*throws arms up and walks away*
:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut