• The Saga Of Ryzom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lineage

• Lineage2

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Planetside

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Star Wars Galaxies (pre-crappy version)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • The Sims Online

• Total voters
WoW and Eve are, by far, the most polished games on that list. Whither or not they are the "best MMORPG" remains up to the person playing and their own personal response to it.

Lineage2! i havent played in more than a year, but that game is awesome! or, it was awesome!! PVP is excellent, leveling is a grind and a half - but way worth it. Clan PVP is freaking excellent! Go Band of Hawk! haha. not really. Go Tempest (the tempest from more than a year ago)!

Well I would say WoW and Guildwars for now, but not for all time as time hasn't ended yet and you can't tell what will be released in the future.

I dont rate any of the above as being even in the "OK" value. Out of what I have played they lack content, combat balance, graphics, gameplay in my opinion.

WoW lacks all the above, I tried it again afew months back to see if there was any improvement. Everything was the same as day one, there is imbalance, the community seems to be a bunch of 8 yearolds trying to measure who's "e-peen" is bigger. The quest content was severely lacking. The actual combat in the game is slow and poor, you actually use about 8 keys in any given fight. You get new abilities every 2-3 levels; going from one level to another is near meaningless because of that. The graphics are that of War3 and it is still using the same graphics engine. And the expansions are extremely slow to come out (it takes almost 2 years for an expansion to come out with bad quality). What I do have to say about wow that is positive is the battlegrounds are fun. But as that sheer thing of combat balance comes into play it will always make a large portion of the players mad because of it.

I tried Eve online for the trial version, I couldn't get past 3 hours of playing it. I said I would give it an "honest" shot. But the game itself is so boring that I ended up shutting it off very quickly. I tried on several occasions to give it another shot and I just ended up looking at the ceiling pretending paint was drying to amuse myself.

The best MMO there is out there is currently EverQuest 2 in my opinion. There are 24 classes, all of which are well balanced. There is alot more content between EQ2 and any other MMO I have played. The graphics are much better than the rest of them without it looking cartoony. There are several places to explore and level up that are are denesely populated so you dont get stuck running for hours trying to get to a group of mobs. You get 1-3 new spells per level with racial bonus's you can pick from every 10 levels. The AA (or talent) setup's are much more sophisticated than WoW, you get AA by questing and finding new things rather than leveling; making end game content worthwhile.

There are afew MMO's coming out that are worth mentioning. Aion looks promising, its made in korea and its suppost to be spectacular. However I have a feeling this game is NOT going to be for any casual gamer what so ever. Then theres warhammer, which is suppost to be far better than AoC. But these games are purely speculation from me currently.

And the problem I have with AoC currently is its still "too new" there is starting content, it hasent been out enough time to balance itself out yet, and there are still lots of fix's and theres zero endgame content yet. So until these get fixed or adjusted I will not rate this game.

I really haven't played much, on that list I have played 3 of them, and out of those 3 I would have to go with WOW.

So you need to add Everquest 1+2 , anarchy online, second life, etc up :)
Yeah, if your making a poll the EQ 1 & 2 games both have to be included (or at least 1 as it was one of the starters of the genera.

If you ask me..... the best MMO of all time was left off that list. Ragnarok Online. I've played WoW, i've played Ryzom, i've played Guild Wars, and i've played Lineage 2 (just going by that list).... and nothing stayed in my heart as much as RO did. Can't wait for Ragnarok Online 2 to be released... or at least go into Open Beta here in the US. If you ask me, WoW is overrated. I can't stand when game developers put out a game, and then focus pretty solely on end-game content. Yeah.... having sh*t to do when you're level 60-70 is nice... but some new stuff to do for lower leveled characters would be nice too. They never add new zones for low levels... don't think i've seen a new instance for lower leveled characters..... it's all about the people who have nothing better to do than play WoW for 12+ hours a day.

^^^ GEEK!!!

lol. just kiddin. Anyway... yeah... i didn't even look at the dates when posts were made. quite old, it was.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back