Best FPS of 2004

Best FPS of 2004? (was alphabetical originally!)

• Call of Duty: United Offensive Addon

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Counter-strike: Condition Zero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deus Ex 2

• Doom III

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • FarCry

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Half-life 2

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • Halo 2

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Painkiller: Battle out of Hell

• Raven Shield: Athena Sword

• Unreal Tournament 2004

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Battlefield Vietnam

• Total voters
Incredible year for FPS. I think we'll see a real slow year for 05". In my opinion out of the 10 you have listed ( I didn't play DE2 or UT) I'd say without a dought HL2 was the most incredible FPS I've ever played. It totally had me captivated from start to finish, although I didn't try to complete it in 24 hours like some people, I just took my time and enjoyed every level. Steam should get a round of applause for taking their time before putting out this masterpiece.

Well, we do have Brothers in Arms this week (well in the uk), Doom3, STALKER -- plenty going on :) I wouldn't be suprised if we started to see a few Unreal3 engine titles towards the end of the year (most likely americas army 3 or some such lark :p), duke nukem forever (maybe), battlefield 2.

I haven't played all these games yet...but out of the ones I have I'd have to give it to HL2, amazing AMAZING game. Things are getting to realistic these days.

Yea, but I have not played Battlefield Vietnam and If I did I bet I would give it to that, just the fact that I LOVE war'ish games. I also heard good things about it too.

I still havent finished DuesX I think I like the sotry line better in DuesX but the game play in HL2 is simply amazing... I have 3 more chapters and then Im done, I will get to play far cry then... I voted for HL2 because it is more to my liking... I will have to go back and finish DuesX it was very fun as well....

:D

Battlefield Vietnam was no where near HL2 not even close its an ok game to play but sorry imho its not in the same field at all .

Battlefield vietnam was poor imho, the 1942 was far superior - the models in vietnam were just shocking.

The game menu was damn cool tho

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back