best defragmenter?

I

ihav0frnds

i'd like to see user's opinion on best defragger. right now i use norton utilites speedisk to defrag which i heard is pretty good. but, are there any other ones taht are better? and please support your opinion with some solid facts :)

As I recall, there is a thread on that very same topic. (By the way, I use SpeedDisk also):)

Best Windows Defragmenter

Good Question...I am currently using Norton Speed Disk as well, and I seem to get pretty good performance out of the speed of my hard drives. The only question that I have on top of your is, how come my original windows defragmenter thinks that my C:\ drive actually needs to be defragmented after I use NSD? I think it's just stupid.

I'd say go for diskeeper 7. It's faster at defraging your hard drive and you get damn good performance out of it.

Ya I've tried them all too. I also prefer Perfect Disk 2000. I really think that when it all come's down to a defragmenter it's just personal choice. Their all pretty damn good defragger's. I like Perfect Disk because it uses a method of smart defragmentation. So files that aren't used as much get pushed back to the end of the disk and the frequently modified ones are kept at the top. You also get to set an age limit to determine which files get used the most. (I.E. frequently modifed files = 15days)

Welcome to XP-erience ihav0frnds :)

As SnookBooger pointed out, there are several threads on this subject already. Just click the Search button on the top of this page and search for "defragment" or something similar. You WILL find more than one thread.

Go SpeedDisk. I consistently chatter the 1200 hard drive mark at Madonion running a 7200 RPM - IBM GXP120.:D

Originally posted by Gokou
Ya I've tried them all too. I also prefer Perfect Disk 2000. I really think that when it all come's down to a defragmenter it's just personal choice. Their all pretty damn good defragger's. I like Perfect Disk because it uses a method of smart defragmentation. So files that aren't used as much get pushed back to the end of the disk and the frequently modified ones are kept at the top. You also get to set an age limit to determine which files get used the most. (I.E. frequently modifed files = 15days)

the same as Ontrack JetDefrag,with Intellicluster Data Collection.
Comes with System Suite,the only system suite you need! :D

A1CPittman,windows defragmenter never used to report that my hard drive needed to be defragmented after I used NSD.

um, i still don't see a superior one. they all seem to be about the same? correct me if i'm wrong.

Originally posted by theone1

the same as Ontrack JetDefrag,with Intellicluster Data Collection.
Comes with System Suite,the only system suite you need! :D

A1CPittman,windows defragmenter never used to report that my hard drive needed to be defragmented after I used NSD.

Thanx theone1, the Suite Looks pretty interesting. Might give it a try one day.

You guys just crack me up when you post your PC "specs"
It reminds me of when we use to run our "sooped" up cars downtown on the "loop" and we'd pull over and pop the hood of our cars and show our engines. "Wooooooo"
Anyway I'd list my specs but I can't find the mouse that turns the wheel in back of this thing to tell you what color it is!

:eek: Any of these defrag programs freeware. I had FixIt 4.0 and it had a defrag program similar to what Gokou describes. However it actually ran things slower on my pc.. peace out!

I found my specs!!

"intel celery 500
-40 gigs of soft drive
one mouse that keeps the motor running
20 carrots of megabarks
1500 cc's of fuel injected liquid cooled nitrogen
and a partridge in a pair tree..

I wana get a GeForce4 Ti4600 sooo bad! How much fps do u guys get if u run those GeForce4 Ti on UT, MOHAA, and CS? How much is your 3D Benchmarking if u run a Geforce4 Ti 4600?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back