Beep/Alarm Problem?

bat

Cold Fury
Hey,
I'm posting this for a friend. He's trying to get his comp set up and everything is hooked up right he says. When it turns on it says "CPU is unworkable or has been changed. Please recheck - CPU SOFT MENU - PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE." And there is this annoying alarm thing or something he says going off. I guess he turned off the beeping once but it came back on. He said he can get to the windows setup screen but the alarm/beep whatever is still going off. Any ideas?

His specs..

Abit AW8-Max Mobo
Intel P4 3.2GHz
2x512 Crucial
Asus X800 XL
420W PSU

Thanks for the help

Just as a guess it sounds like it wants him to reconfigure the bios for a new CPU. It could be the setting for FSB, multiplier, etc.

Hit F1 and select the option to "restore default settings" or "safe operation". The exact choice varies with the bios. If that fixes the alarm then he can go back later and tweak any bios optimizations he wants.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back