• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bandwidth Monitoring

vern

Dominus
Political User
Anyone know of a program that lets me see in real time which applications are using bandwidth, and how much?

I've been downloading over 300kBps for some time and I don't what in the world I'm downloading since any p2p I'm doing isn't reaching near that speed.

For a quick look open task manager and look at processes. If you are not touching the mouse anything that's using that bandwith should show up as the non-zero processes in cpu usage.

PS DO you have a wireless connection into your LAN? Are you sure it is secure?

vern

Dominus
Political User
Note quite. I have FAH running and processes that have nothing to do with accessing the internet are using CPU.

Xie

- geek -
vern said:
I've been downloading over 300kBps for some time and I don't what in the world I'm downloading since any p2p I'm doing isn't reaching near that speed.
Well depending on what and how many p2p apps your using alot of it could be oevrhead. Some p2p apps can eat up a good amount of bandwidth finding new nodes as well searching the network for nodes that may have the content your searching for.

vern

Dominus
Political User
Xie said:
Well depending on what and how many p2p apps your using alot of it could be oevrhead. Some p2p apps can eat up a good amount of bandwidth finding new nodes as well searching the network for nodes that may have the content your searching for.
I am aware of that.

vern

Dominus
Political User
celticfan11 said:
Netlimiter monitors in realtime and you DON'T have to limit the programs using your bandwidth, but you have the option to.
I didn't realize that. I'll go check it out. Thanks.

vern

Dominus
Political User
Yes it does. :)

... and yes it works perfectly. I've used NetLimiter some years back and I forgot all about it.

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Does anyone know any program that monitors internet bandwith only not including LAN traffic. i've tried a bunch from here and most don't work or not as i need.

i have NU meter, but it adds LAN traffic, when nothing is being done online it stil shows upload and download traffic of 5kb even though the internet connection icon in the task bar shows no activity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814