• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Backup

negativefactor

..of the vast oceans.
I simply want to backup a series of files on my computer onto mulitple DVD's. We are talking 28GB of data so I want to back it straight onto the DVD drive rather than say, create a split zip file and burn that. I simply don't have 28GB elsewhere to place the files! Ghost is not a option because I don't want to create a snapshot of the drive/disk, just the files so I can place them back anywhere.

What is the easiest software to perform this task?

I have nero 6, but for the life of me I can't get Nero BackItUp to work, it just hangs for ages, counts up, but does nothing.

Hope you can help.

bush dogg

OSNN Senior Addict
Political User
I haven't tried to span using the data disc option so I'm not sure.

I use the data disc option and add to the project untill the disc is full because of the time it take's to do an image span. This way I can just do 4.7g or close at a time onto the disc and reload one or all and it seems to take less time that spanning them. I just use how ever many disc's it takes. (most cases only one extra is all it takes).

The last time I used nero backup with only 11g to DVD it took around 4 or 5 hours to complete.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Spanning is probably not a good idea. If one of the earlier discs becomes corrupt, you could have problems getting stuff off a later disk.

I'd just use make standard data disks. And label them correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies