Auto save folder to a new drive

P

paintballstar

Hi all, this is my first time here!

I have a folder on my desktop (drive c:) that is very important. How do I setup XP to save the folder to a new drive(partitioned drive e:)?

I would like this to happen every time a file in this folder has bee modified.

freightgod

Confused and Bewildered
Welcome, paintballstar!

I did a little search and found Idem , the blurb for the download sez "The version is complete but needs a registration key to be fully operational.
Without registration, you can only mirror three couples of source/target folders with a warning message." So it sounds like it might be free for your purposes.

Good luck, please let us know what solution you finally settle on!

T

ThorT

Hi freightgod !

I'm glad you have found Idem to suit your needs !

But I hope you didn't miss that Mehuls Backup can do one folder synchronization and also include sub-folders if you don't miss to mark the box by the name "Recursive" when you are at the "Select file" window.

P

paintballstar

Thanks! I can see this forum is a great resource.

I tried Mehuls and Idems, but if I understand correclty they are not totally automatic. I have to open the program and run the transfer, and in my case I might as well just copy and paste the folder onto the backup drive.

What I'd really like is to have some sort of "bot" that is constantly watching this folder. Once the bot detects any changes it updates the backup folder based on the date of each file.

Now that I think about it, Mehuls has similar functionality by allowing me to do the update every minute, so I guess I'll just go with that and see how it works.

P

paintballstar

http://freebask.homestead.com/bask.html
That link is one that I just found while surfing from the links you guys (girls) provided.

This one is free and it does automatic scanning of the folder for any new, modified or missing files and runs the update automatically.

Very handy.

freightgod

Confused and Bewildered
Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't see any option in Bask to run at startup. Idems will if you want it to. And yes, it does monitor changes in the source folder; i think every 10 seconds is the default. Just my opinion, but I think it has the best user interface of the three.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut