Audio Popping Annoying!

Ci2e

XPert
I haven't the slightest idea what triggers this or how to recreate the problem, I have tried turning off hardware acceleration and it doesn't seem to change anything. I have the Audigy X-Gamer, thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Could you be a little more precise... when does it occur, is it random, what kind of popping sound is it ?

It is very random and rebooting doesn't help- how could I describe it? maybe I could record it?

Recorded with Sound Recorder- the popping occurs around the 5 second mark- the rest is normal and cannot be heard normally.

Attachments

• pop.rar
    6 KB · Views: 71
Sorry, all I could hear was a constant buzzing sound (noise at high level ?)...

its an issue you get with all the audigy cards I am afraid, there are however some possible solutions.
The first is to change you drivers firstly there are the KXdrivers which can be found here (though these are uncopatible with the latest EAX seting, and creative labs software.
Or upgrade to the latest creative drivers I have noticed a huge improvement with the latest drivers, you need the EAX4 drivers plus the patch, which unfortunatly is a fairly large download.
Another thing i have noticed is in my case I have a digidoc 5, this is a digtal device that switched fans off and on at certain tempertaures, and I have noticed with all my fans switched off (and the temperature natuarally rises) that after a while the popping can start to occur, when I switched my fans on it stopped so it could be that the card overheats, whats your case cooling like?
(Another thing to back that up is i remember someone saying that they put a nortbridge heatsink on their audigy which helped alot)
Hope this helps :)

1) Move the card to another pci slot. Make sure that it does not share an IRQ.
2) If you have a VIA chipset, check out www.georgebreese.com and look for the VIA latency patch and the Memory Interleaver.
3) Change you're computer from ACPI to standard pc. Warning- if you do this, you may have re-install alot of driver.

I don't use EAX hardware mode for any games I play- Popping occurs no matter what volume I use its just louder than other times.

SO I should try these all at once?:
Patch for Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy-series drivers
"PCI Latency" patch for VIA chipsets
Memory interleave enabler for VIA chipsets

Is this VIA or not?

Attachments

• mainboard.jpg
    mainboard.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 112
You're mobo is not a VIA chipset.

So diseregard the latency and memory interleave suggestions.

Move it to different PCI slots. Check in device manager to see if it's sharing an IRQ.

IRQ 20 no conflicts

I have moved it down as far away from the top PCI slot as possible and I got alot of problems in years past- so I moved it up 1 and it works but I get popping- moving it again probably wouldnt help-whats the reason for that anyway!

Dreamliner could you contact me on MSN so I can solve this issue once and for all?

I had a problem with my Audiy 2 ZS popping, but it only seemed to happen when using EAX. The latest patch on Creative's site seems to have fixed it, but I have heard that moving your sound card as far away as possible from your video card may help.

If you don't use EAX I highly recommend you use the kXdrivers. They are way better and I believe they are your best chance at solving your problem.

I downloaded the latest full version kXdrivers- Do I need to un-install my current drivers or can I install kX right over the old driver?

dont bother with Kx drivers if you play games, regardless of you using EAX or not.

SIRE said:
I downloaded the latest full version kXdrivers- Do I need to un-install my current drivers or can I install kX right over the old driver?

With the KX drivers you need to compleatly uninsall the creative drives along with all the applications (As they will no longer work).

Note that there are limted speaker setups with the KXdrivers these only being 5.1 and 2.0. One of the major reasons I use the creative ones as I have 6.1 speakers.

I had a problem like this with a SB Live!, turned out it was a bum raid driver in Windows XP and I had to revert to a win2k driver for the raid, strange huh? it seems as though it could be anything... you don't happen to have onboard raid do you?

I have no idea I have decided to remove my Audigy card and revert to onboard sound. If that doesn't work then I'm going to be very irritated and may just take a hammer to the walls surrounding me.

Don't do this, there must be a soution to your problem out there (keep your Audigy in place, please ;) )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back