• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Audio Hardware

I was wondering if any of you had any advice on what type of recorder to get. I would like to be able to record a violin (up to 40 min) and play that recording back with as little backround noise as possible, any ideas? I was thinking an MP3 player, but i would need something else. please i am kinda clueless.

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political User
Dont even think of using MP3 recs, for professional sound quality always use WAV recorders (same quality as CDs).
But back to the hardware I sogest you simply use 2 soudblasters (one for recording and one for playback).

P

paul_43

MiniDisc will do a nice job... for normal use.. unless you are really professional... and it's gonna be publish to the public.. otherwise MiniDisc will do a really nice job...

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political User
MiniDisk is nice actually alot of new bands in semi-professional studios prefer MiniDisks (they dont skratch, les chance of lost of data), but still if you want maximum quality - use CDs.

And by the way if I where you I'd check out the Creative site at
www.soundblaster.com

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political User
if you have the cash - Creative Extigy, Creative Audigy, or even soundblaster LIVE.
it dosent really metter, more interesting - do you have an electric violin or are you going to use a microphone?

Originally posted by Benny
if you have the cash - Creative Extigy, Creative Audigy, or even soundblaster LIVE.
it dosent really metter, more interesting - do you have an electric violin or are you going to use a microphone?
use a microphone, but not one that is connected to the bridge, just an open air microphone.

Depending what you are doing (one time thing or not), you might wanna look into the new generation of 4 track recorders. They now have ones that record to CP, SD, memory stick, mini disc and CDR

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge