audigy stops pc from booting ? help!

Majin

DBZ - Yes its in me!
Freind of mine just bought an audigy 1 soundcard , windows detects it and begins to use it but if you reboot the machione will not boot , take the card out it boots fine put it back in same thing one use and no booting. Any help ?

RazerBack

The First Rebirth
For my ASUS mobo they recommend PCI slot 3 (start from the AGP side), but it's plugged into slot 5 currently.

Need more info MOBO, OS, stuff like that.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
But you can do it for one boot right. Get the driver & install before rebooting again. If that does not work it might be a faulty card.

H

homerhassall

Had the same problem when i bought an Audigy card. Ended up taking it back for refund after changing the drivers and just about everything I could think of. Was said on various newgroups that there are some compatability problems with this card and I just couldn't be doing with it so I'm back with my 'live value' card.

Majin

DBZ - Yes its in me!
thanks i was starting to think i had lost my mind , working and then killing the system . Still i wish i could find some kind of workaround .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut