• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Audigy on 4.1 Speakers

acetken

"Anything for $50!"
Allright. I got the Logitech 200 watt 4.1 Speakers.

I hooked them up and turned on Winamp. It only plays out of the two front speakers.
I sound tested my speakers and the back ones are hooked up and work just fine, but not in Winamp. Does Winamp only have 2.1 support? I want it coming out of them all! There's a button on my speakers that turns 2.1 audio into 4.1, but I'd rather have Winamp do it automatically.

I played UT2003 and all speakers function as they should. Sound great.

I played a DVD (Star Wars: Ep. 2) and only the front 2 got sound again. (Using newest WinDVD Platinum) Thinking it defaulted to 2.1, I changed the audio on the DVD to 5.1 (Because there's no 4.1 option) and it still only used the front 2. What the hell gives?

acetken

"Anything for $50!"
I did in the title, sorry. It's an Audigy with the new hacked Audigy 2 drivers. (No it didn't work before I did the hack either)

P.S. Half Life gives me proper sound too.

T

Tearz

Doesn't an audio source (i.e. mp3) have to be 6/5/4.1 etc encoded to play in 6/5/4.1?

Taurus

hardware monkey
sound comes out of all 4 speakers on my audigy/4.1 setup no matter what i do. if your sound mixer is set to 4-speaker output, then i have no clue.

M

mbunny

Is it set in Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Advanced (speaker setup part) and set it to quadrophonic... might be it.

O

ozulino

first go to control panel and and choose quadrophonic speakers, then go to surround mixer and make sure that 4 speakers are on and then uncheck digital output only!

well i hope it works!(it worked on my sblive card)

RazerBack

The First Rebirth
Have you tried reinstalling WinAmp?
I had that problem too when I upgraded to a new version of WA. I had previously installed on top of a previous version, restored a backup, works fine. Installed it again, still works!?! go figure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies