ati radeon 9500 pro 128

eddieb

OSNN Addict
Anybody know where I can get a bios for this card? It's not available on the ATI site. I tried installing a hacked bios to allow overclocking, but during the install, the original bios wasn't backed-up. Now the card is acting strange. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Originally posted by eddieb
Anybody know where I can get a bios for this card? It's not available on the ATI site. I tried installing a hacked bios to allow overclocking, but during the install, the original bios wasn't backed-up. Now the card is acting strange. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

I can tell you to go to www.rage3d.com :cool: or wait for Sazar

join luna64 in his quest to find a bios. maybe you guys will find them at the same place.

*mental note to self: don't do the flash trick with a 9500pro!* :huh:

@ rage3d is the place to get the bios :)

I don't have bioses available lol...

whenever flashing to another bios it is HIGHLY recommended to backup the previous one... but I am sure you have learnt that now :)

one thing to note... though the new bios may allow you to clock higher... remmeber that the memory is only rated to a certain level... and it is possible to go beyond the memory's rated speed when oc'ing with a separate bios ( I am assuming you are flashing with the 9700pro bios ?)

the 9700pro == 256bit memory bus v/s 128bit memory bus for the 9500pro and you can't do anything to make your 9500pro a 256bit memory bus card :)

there are some 9500 non-pro cards on 9700 non-pro pcb's that you could flash to enable the 4 extra pipelines and make it 256bit bus... though I believe ati has cracked down on this... hence you are very unlikely to be able to buy one... (unless it is from a company which stockpiled these pcb's)

moral of the story... be careful when oc'ing after flashing your bios :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back