Athalon Clock speed

• Thread starter X1Lightning
  • Start date
X

X1Lightning

hello... i have a question about how to clock the new Athalon XP chips... i have a 2.1 gig with 266 ddr... so what do i set the mb speed to and the chip speed to for optimum? cuz right now i think i'm way under what she can do...

2.1gig? thought amd2200 was 1.8g
is it already overclocked?
does your mobo have like a turbo,optimal,fast...bios setting?
the soyo board i have has that feature and so did my msi...never used it tho...not into overclocking

no no no... sorry i stated that wrong... its the 2100 xp i wanted to know what mhz that atualy is.... cuz right now i have it running at 1.4G which i know is not correct... i was hopeing someone could tell me what mhz to set it to... base speed and clock multiplyer...

the XP2100+ runs at a core of 1.73GHz, hope that helps

:confused:
what exactly are you trying to do....overclock or do you just want to know where your cpu should be.
can you select your bus speed and multiplier and if you can are you looking for info on how to do this??

thanks Dlovely thats part of what i'm looking for... but what bus speed should i set it to? at what multiple... cuz i can set it to anything... i just dont want to over do it and fry the thing....
i just want to set it up the way it should be...

hmmm, I love the smell if n00b's in the morning :) What mobo do you have and Chipset are you using?

just increase your multiplier a little and see what the speed is, now you know you can go to 1.7 if that is your core.....unless you want to overclock then you can go as high as you want as long as its stable......and you are cooling ie. more then one case fan/or water cooling.

Asus A7V266,VIA KT266A chipset, i dont see why you need to know that cuz all i'm looken for is the base speed and the muliplier... i said in my first post it was a 266 ddr system...

Ok, I dunno what board/BIOS/chipset etc, but make SURE that you're bus speed is at 133 and the multiplier (if available) is at 13

(13*133=1,730Mhz=AMD Athlon XP 2100+)

If the multiplier settings aren't available in the BIOS, then they will be jumpers on the board, set them all to "OFF" and it will auto-detect...

Let us know what ur setup is before you do any of that though...

X1Lightning

set the front side bus at 133, and the multiplyer at 13

13*133 will give you the 1.73ghz speed it should actually run at.

ive got 2 case fans and a Thermaltake® Volcano 7 Socket A Fan ...

and if your motherboard goes by bus speed XXXmhz then just slowley up the number and restart to see where she stands. unless of course you use jumpers.....= ( wich i dont think an athlon xp board does.

ok that 13 * 133 is what i was lookin for... i was guessing that the base was gonna be 266, i dont know. for some reason i thought the system and the ram were the same speed.. thanks for the help...

my mother board uses jumpers or jumper free mode thru the bios... i use the jumper free mode... less of a pain...

Almost, BASICALLY, what DDR does, is not SPEED it up.

Picture this:

A 2 lane highway with the speed limit at 75MPH, that would be a regular bus speed of 133x1

Now, you'd think that a 266 highway would run at 150MPH right?

No, actually, 266 would be a 4 lane highway running at 75 MPH...or 133x2

That's basically how it is, however, the bus speed on the newer KT333 boards is 166...or 4 lanes for 166x2

i set it up from the start to be jumper free... hoping it would just auto detect the chip... but it didnt .. it brout me into the bois when it booted and said i had to set it... and i couldnt set it to any think above 1500 mhz.... well not a flat 1500 it was 15 somthing...

you barely beat me dejav00, but beat me you did. hell, been registered since december, guess I needed to get my first post in sometime, eh.

lol...yeah welcome to the club...soon this forum will become a plague you cannot avoid...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back