Apple, Worth the hype?

FishBoy

Feeeesh
check out this article this guy is talking about all the bad thing from apple and stuff are they true?

Re: Apple, Woth the hype?

Articles like this are boring.

I am a PC person and I dont agree with most of what he said, the iPod shuffle is kind of stupid, you can get a muvo with radio and voice, and screen, for less.

And i agree with speedy, i feel asleep twice reading it :)

And most of that was based off of his opinion, and you have to realize that, what be right for you might not be right for some :p

so he's saying new imacs are crap because in an earthquake they fall over easy?

Got about 6 lines down and got bored.

I agree with pretty much everything he said.

Apple still sells great products and has a great user base but I mean all of his points have merit (except the earthquake + new imac statement)

opinions are opinions but when they have some information behind them they end up with more credibility.

I don't see him saying apple will do horribly or anything he just thinks the recent moves are suspect and time will tell on those recent apple moves

since when are computers supposed to be earthquake resistant??

I could make some valuable comments about his article for sure... but.. the guy is a fool, within the first page picking out stupid things, as previousally stated, the earthquake section.... and "Running a company, like driving, is incredibly dangerous with your eyes closed." :rolleyes:

But really, since this article is the biggest waste of f'ing time ever with the author...

"Mr Back In The Good Old Days We Used Quills For Writing And The Penny Was Up On The Pound"
renderle.gif

... I've decided to just write this blabber :)

Oh yeah, and I do think Apple are worth the hype, so much so that I have just invested £2000+ in a new G5 system (and any "you should have waited until OS 10.4 comes out!!" comments can be directed to Mr_Back_In_The_Good_Old_Days...@n00b.net ) ... :)

The stand is made out of alluminium, get a drill, some bolts, and drill holes through the base into the desk and bold the damn thing down.

That is what i would do in earthquake country.

"I am a PC person and I dont agree with most of what he said, the iPod shuffle is kind of stupid, you can get a muvo with radio and voice, and screen, for less."

How often do you look at the screen of an MP3 player? Mabey once or twice, once to pick a starting song, and two to turn it off.

I don't agree with this guy. He has an opinion, but i think they are based on useless stuff.

He says the Mac mini will not give you the out of box experience that one would expect, or you spend more than you think you are going to spend. This is false, i have had many friends go ot the Apple store, buy their Mac mini, go back home, plug it in, and go. Most people allready ahve a keyboard, a mouse, and a screen. So there is nothing that is missing. It also means people only have to disconnect their old PC and remove it, instead of having to make space for the new screen, keyboard and mouse, i know that my cords for everything are lying everywhere, and are all over the place, entangled, a mess. Would thus be a pain to untangle it just so i can put a new PC in it's place.

Scooter said:
Oh yeah, and I do think Apple are worth the hype, so much so that I have just invested £2000+ in a new G5 system (and any "you should have waited until OS 10.4 comes out!!" comments can be directed to Mr_Back_In_The_Good_Old_Days...@n00b.net ) ... :)

You lucky ûûûû, do you have an address so i can come steal that G5?

lol so i was thinking right the whole time apple is not bad it's good and the guy who wrote that article is an idiot?

I think most people are missing the point of the article...he's not necessarily bashing any of the products they are releasing...he's just looking at them from a non "apple holier than thou" attitude.

I really like apple products but his points make sense.

"When Apple brought out the iPod Mini, Steve berated anyone that was selling a flash player as near idiots indicating you would have to be stupid to want to enter a market saturated with low cost offerings"

and then follows it with

"The end result should be good numbers with the new product but declining sales of the more expensive offerings. If the same trend is repeated they will gain market share but at the cost of profitability and overall revenue could decline as well."

from a business standpoint that makes sense

"Yes they will likely sell more of these than they will iMacs. However, that will largely be because iMac sales will have declined as a result of shifting demand to the more popular, and more flexible, lower cost offering."

again from a business standpoint that makes sense

"Once again, for a premium company a value offering is seldom good, and low balling is particularly bad. It would have been far better if they had created a more complete offering or addressed another segment, like a media hub, that didn’t expect it. This is another step in what appears to be Apple’s sudden transition from Porsche vendor to VW vendor and this will not be an easy, nor inexpensive, transition."

again marketing shows that makes sense...if rolex comes out with 100 dollar digital watches they may not look as prestigious

some of his points are screwy but the other things he says aren't dogma but they make sense

X-Istence said:
You lucky ûûûû, do you have an address so i can come steal that G5?

Not lucky, just hard working... but then again I guess I am lucky since I love what I do :p

I take what the guy is saying and my Mac loving aside (mmmmm good Mac lovin' ...) but I get so bored with people who say Apple is going to go bankrupt and all the variations on that... I heard people saying that kind of thing 2 years ago :rolleyes:

he never said that...if he did I would agree with you that he is wrong but he never said that

"If the same trend is repeated they will gain market share but at the cost of profitability and overall revenue could decline as well. "

Variation number 1

"However, that will largely be because iMac sales will have declined as a result of shifting demand to the more popular, and more flexible, lower cost offering."

Variation number 2

"This is another step in what appears to be Apple’s sudden transition from Porsche vendor to VW vendor and this will not be an easy, nor inexpensive, transition."

Variation number 3

And finally....

"But revenue at any cost has its price and, even with stunning marketing covering up critical mistakes, eventually the chickens come home to roost. They didn’t come home to roost last quarter. Apple did very well and actually grew in line with or ahead of Dell, HP and Gateway suggesting they held market share for once. But this year will be more difficult. The competition is becoming much more fierce and Apple’s offerings aren’t as interesting."

Variation number 4

True he doesn't say is a directly as 'Apple are going broke' but to me, I'd say he hints at it.

well, everyone and their mother has hinted at it for the last 10 - 14 years. So nothing new there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back