Apple Moving Away from Macs?

dere

Forensix
An interesting read if I must say.

"A research analyst has predicted that Apple Computer Inc. will continue to transform as a company, and that in 2006 the company likely will move away from its Mac core and build instead on leveraging the success of the iPod."

Full Story...

Nothing but an analysts opinion.

Fact is that iPods are making an absolute **** load of cash, and there are a few people who think that Apple are just going to give up on making computers and just make iPods instead.

This isn't the first time that an analyst's opinion has hit the news like this.

I agree that Apple will move into the media realm, but I do not think they will move away from the Mac.

Apple would be crazy to move away from the Mac, while it isn't their #1 cash cow it still helps. People have notoriously used a Mac over a PC for video, graphic design, and preference. They would take such a huge blow if they stopped doing it, and Apple is much smarter than that.

Granted, this is just one person's opinion, but if they want to focus some resources on the iPod, they should expand. They make money hand over fist and should be able to afford it.

So long as they still manage to release an Intel iMac with high power and good stability then I dont really care. :p

sean.ferguson said:
So long as they still manage to release an Intel iMac with high power and good stability then I dont really care. :p
Exactly! they wouldn't plan the (rather huge) transition from PPC to Intel, to just dump making computers.

Analyst = Fool.

I hope Steve Jobs is smart enough to realize that Bill Gates has been pissing away hundreds of millions a year trying unsuccessfully to "move away" from PC land into "consumer electronics".

In consumer electronics companies rise on a gusher of enthusiasm and then fizzle and crash a 1-2 years latter as someone else makes it cheaper or prettier or when a new product launch has an issue (iPod mini screens, RIAA forcing download prices high enough that piracy is more convenient).

dere said:
An interesting read if I must say.

"A research analyst has predicted that Apple Computer Inc. will continue to transform as a company, and that in 2006 the company likely will move away from its Mac core and build instead on leveraging the success of the iPod."

Full Story...

really nice and new story

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back