Apple developing a two-button mouse...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
According to sources who have so far filed accurate reports on Apple's future hardware plans, the company is feverishly working on a two-button wireless optical mouse that it intends to release.

Apple enthusiasts have longed for an Apple-branded two-button mouse for over a decade, but their requests have gone unanswered. So what has changed? According to sources, 'it's the company."

With Apple now profiting from low-priced consumer electronics as it makes a push to reclaim market share from Windows, a two-button mouse is 'almost an essential,' sources said.

It's unclear when the computer maker plans to introduce the mouse. Insiders warned that anticipation may continue to build for months as the company perfects the product.
Source: AppleInsider

Wow, a product that's almost as revolutionary as the iPod Shuffle!
Now's a great time to buy some AAPL stock! :p

Hehehe, I love my Logitech cordless, but if Apple makes its rechargeable too then I just might consider making a change!

The wording of the news report really had me laughing:

"the company is feverishly working on a two-button wireless optical mouse."
"Insiders warned that anticipation may continue to build for months as the company perfects the product."

Hahaha...almost makes it sound like they're spending half of their R&D budget on a mouse.
rofl.gif

I was requesting it when I was still a fetus.

Yeah it is no doubt the mini [and the switchers it brings] that are making Apple see the light on this one. ;)

I feel sad - they have compromised their design - good or bad I dunno, I mean I love my Logitech MX1000 so there ya go - but I also like the purity of the Apple design concept - and there it goes :( :( :(

If they make it rechargable and a cordless shaver then all them apple fanatics can stay in their rooms longer and not worry 'bout the peach fuzz growin on their chins. :D

"...as the company perfects the product."
Now how the hell do you perfect a button? They gonna make it in a rainbow of colors. They gonna make it mini sized? Oh I know, they're gonna make do random commands and call it the two button shuffle. Click the button and it works, click it again and it works, etc... It ain't rocket science, for shiits sake!

You watch all them apple geeks are gonna freek for at least a week, wonderin what the hell ta do with that other button. :p

gonaads said:
Now how the hell do you perfect a button? They gonna make it in a rainbow of colors. They gonna make it mini sized? Oh I know, they're gonna make do random commands and call it the two button shuffle. Click the button and it works, click it again and it works, etc... It ain't rocket science, for shiits sake!

It's gonna be force feedback! the first mouse that feels you and intuitively guides your hand around the desktop :laugh: :laugh:

LOL this is turning into one of the few threads that truly is making me laugh out loud - I can't rep you Gonaads (you been done for F-fox help!) but Falcon - your idea also had me smiling, so you get some reps - and I guess the feedback would force you away from M$ sites and towards Apple ones.... and I guess it would really get to be strong LOCKED feedback whenever iToonz was around because that mofo really gets it's teeth in an never lets go once you let it near a PC.... hehe :D

/me wonders what next! :cool: :D

sounds like apple is trying to concinve me there is a point in apple computers....

STill havent. So when are apple suing everybody else for making 2 button wireless optical mice???

This would be a mouse that i would buy and use. If it is bluetooth, even better :D.

They could make it with a built-in laser pointer for use with Keynote presentations.

They could put grooves on the bottom so that it will slide onto the standard Apple A/C adapter to recharge at an electical outlet.

They could make it with the Apple logo on top that glows like the Apple on the back of a PowerBook.

They could do all of these things...

LOL...why did they never think of having 2 buttons till now? How could u even use a computer with one buttons?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back