anyone xperience this???

i dont wanna upset you and i really thanks for the help but i think u arent getting my point:

how can i say this? the damn worm dont keep showing!!@!! i dont have it!!!

i check your links and thanks for that but the thing is as i said: I have 3 copies BURN it on different CDS of XPSP1, doesnt matter which copy i use but after installing xp, then install antivirus software, it detects the worm. my question is how the worm get to my system when there is nothing on it!!!!! last time i reformat and install XP I use a NEW HD (brand new) and same thing when i run the antivirus it came up with the damn worm!!!! I run the antivirus on each of the 3 different copies of the burn it xpsp1 and there doesnt detect nothing, i even do a search for the file itself and says that there is nothing in the cd.......Dude i did the low level and the same thing , in fact i have 2 pcs, i did the low level format in the old drive and guess what? install xpsp1 and bum there it was again.....AS I SAID BEFORE I DO NOT HAVE THE WORM ON MY SYSTEM CAN U GET THAT IN YOUR BRAIN: as soon as the antivirus detected it remove it and the pc is free of it.......nobody gets infected emails from me i can assure you that....about what u said if having a file infected i think of that so i scan each one of the cds but nothing came up.....i have scan the cds with AVG,Norton,MCafee and my antivirus and all of them says cds are CLEAN!!!!! Each of the software scans where with latest definitions.

NegativeFactor

i havent thought of that but now i'm thinkin that maybe thats possible cause everything else has fail. My antivirus software is called : Virust@ab

here is the link:

http://www.solinfo-argentina.com.ar/prod.htm

they have an english page but is under update right now

Burpster

yep!!!!! true comedy!!!! how funny this has become for a damn worm!!!!! that I DONT HAVE IT!!!!! but some that is not here says it keeps showing on my pc!!!!!! LOL

Negative Factor:

VirusT@b suite antivirus for home or offices This new the software of protection antivirus offers him possibility to have more innovating technology as far as protection and security total that his information as much requires, since it is the first and only antivirus that uses technology FAMILY HUNTING to detect and to eliminate COMPLETE FAMILIES of virus Unlike the old methods of scanning and heuristic, where the a traditional antivirus tries to detect each virus one by one, the technology of VirusT@b allows to detect with a single pattern or code of virus origin thousands. With a traditional antivirus whenever it leaves a variation or mutation a virus, this it must update these as opposed to and so on.

With new technology FAMILY HUNTING an important advance in the matter of computer science security is obtained, since the search, detection and elimination of virus are made not one by one by families and. This offers a greater capacity of protection to the information. An example of this is the new generation of virus macro (MELISSA) or Worms (I LOVE YOU), that has the possibility of generating thousands of new variations or mutations if same, but in structure they have a single one CODE OF ORIGIN for each family.

sorry for the errors but translation was by altavista...........

If you want to pinpoint what is responsible for the worm continuing to show up make a note of the registry entry that the worm makes (the registry entry is why the antivirus program cant get completely rid of it).

1. Click Start, and click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
2. Type regedit and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
3. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

4. In the right pane, delete the following value:

stmgr C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\My Life.scr

5. Click Registry, and click Exit.

If your antivirus program is saying that you have the worm check the registry to verify that the stmgr C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\My Life.scr value is present. If this value is present you definitely have the worm. If it is not present then you may not have it but to be sure try rebooting, check the registry again, then check it with a different anti-virus program such as Housecall http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ .

Do this after you do a reformat and clean install of XP. Then repeat each time you install anything else. Eventually you should be able to identify which install is causing the problem.

I would still recommend that you download and run the removal tool from the Symantec website, it might solve your problem and save you alot of time. The removal tool will remove the worm from the registry (assuming that you really do have the worm and its not just a problem with your anti-virus program).

The only way to get the worm is through an e-mail attachment or through an infected file that you burned on a CD or other disk and are executing when you install a program from it. But the worm loads itself in memory as soon as windows starts and can stay resident in memory for a number of minutes after you have closed windows, so just rebooting will not necessarily clear it from memory and it can keep coming back, this is why if the instructions for using the removal tool tell you to turn the computer off for a period of time before using the tool you must follow those instructions.

Any time you get a virus on your computer the first thing that you should do is go to the anti-virus websites and see what the experts say is necessary to remove it. Most of them can be removed by the anti-virus program that you have running on your computer but there are a number of them that require the use of a special removal tool that is usually run from a bootable floppy to ensure that the virus is not loaded into memory before it can be removed.

The My Life.scr worm doesn't look like it should be that difficult to remove using a removal tool or deleting the registry entry since it is a fairly simple worm.

Good luck finding where it is hiding. And if your anti-virus program keeps saying you have it but the registry entry doesn't exist then I would recommend that you get a different anti-virus program such as Norton, MacAfee, or PC-cillin. This is a destructive worm so you dont want to ignore it.

jw50
thanks, as i said i dont have the virus on the machine........i have use the removal tool etc......the thing is that if it is in the xpsp1 that i burn there is no way to remove it cause is in a cd.......about using norton or any other of the antivirus programs i dont think so the one i use Virust@b in my opinion is better than the other doesnt use resources have a good online support via icq, msn,etc....it updates itself via internet u dont need to keep track of updates..........as i said before i dont have the virus........whenever i have the need to reformat and install the OS the only thing after installing xp that i install is the antivirus......if i scan the cds where i burn the slipstream it find nothing so thats why i start this thread. the ONLY time my antivirus saids that have found the worm is right after install XP....so the mistery keeps on

I'm nearly 100% sure that what I said above is right, exspeically after reading the information about the anti-virus software. Go here:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

And run the test, i'm thinking that a virus scanner without heurstics of some kind will not flag up a virus, because it is not looking for files that contain potentially harmfull code it's looking for straight virus patterns. Your virus software is too clever.

I may be wrong. I may be right.

Negative Factor

i run the test in my HD, on each slipstrean XP cds, and in the cd that i have all my back ups.....nothing shows up so i'm thinkin u got it right, thanks

damn confunsion LOL

but now this raise another question: what actually deletes my antivirus??? when it says it deletes the worm few minutes later i gert a prompt that says that i need to insert xp cd because it needs to reinstall system files that have been delete.......if i (antivirus) delete something important why my xp system is running smoothly??? damn i get more confused

No problem mate i'm glad to be of help, especially since there appeared to be a lot of confusion in this thread.

If you mean what does it delete? I have no idea, but I guess it's a system file that is essential to something, but not one that is necassailiry used on a day to day basis.

essential to something......glad that it aint essential for what i do in a daily basis.....thanks negative......and to all that put something on it even to those that dont read LOL....i'm joking thanks

this worm did more damage in this thread than on renakuajos comp. lol

he he he - Bet there's a bit of damage to that brickwall you where banging your head off. :)

LOL..............................LOL

true a virus that goes out of the pc and affect us LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back