• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone use webcams to chat?

H

Hilroyy

I want to talk with a friend of mine using webcameras. I bought 2 logitech quickcam pro 3000 to try. I have a cable connection while my friend has dialup. Is the video and audio decent or not worth the time. It comes with netmeeting but I would like to use messanger to video conference because we both have xp, how does this program work for you?

Thanks

H

Highwind7777

a dial-up connection will degrade the video like mad. when I used to use dial-up, I could not download AND upload at 4K/sec at the same time. it was one or the other. So, thats about 32kbps of video and audio. translation: not enough. I say just stick with audio if your friend has dialup

askewdj

OSNN One Post Wonder
I am in communication with another person who has broadband and we both have Logitech Webcam plus and are using MSN messenger but we cannot get a video and audio connection going without a lot of distotion white noise and continual stops and starts when talking to one another. Any ideas on what is wrong TUNING? any software tips Please it was a Christmas present and I ma thinking it is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies