Anyone up to converting two WordPerfect Macros to Word Macros?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
I have two WordPerfect Macros that I need converted to Microsoft Office Word Macros. Is anyone up to the task?

I will PM the files (and/or URL to download).

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

madmatt

Political Access
I'll bump my own thread once. If nobody responds then I will assume nobody is able to help.

madmatt

Political Access
My client is using Microsoft Office Word 2003 (Service Pack 2).

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I don't have Wordperfect here unfortunately, but have you tried what MS suggest as an option?

1.In WordPerfect, run the macros that you want in one document by following these steps:

a. Type the name of the macro, and then press ENTER.
b. Press ALT+F10. WordPerfect displays the following prompt at the bottom of the screen:

Code:
MACRO:

NOTE: To run a macro that uses the ALT key and a letter from A to Z, simply press ALT in combination with the letter that you assigned to the macro name.

c. Type the name of the macro and press ENTER.d. Repeat steps a through c until you have all the macros entered into your document.e. Save your document.

2.To retrieve your WordPerfect macros in Word, follow these steps:

a. On the File menu in Word, click Open, select the WordPerfect document that contains your macros, and then click OK.
b. Select the first macro and click AutoText on the Insert menu. Assign the AutoText entry a name and click the Add button.
c. Repeat step b until you have stored each macro as an AutoText or Glossary entry

madmatt

Political Access
That document relates to very old versions of Word, therefore I don't think it will work. I will forward the instructions on and have them give it a try.

Cookies for trying.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Thanks! I hope it works out :)

madmatt

Political Access
Now that is awesome! May I have permission to use it as my signature?

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Sure. I have a higher res. one too if you want that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee