anyone know what is causing this?...:(

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
I get this everytime I go to windowsupdate from this machine...anyone have any ideas?

Here's what MS has to say about it. Hopefully one of these will work ;)
Problem Description:
The error 0x800A138F is displayed when scanning for updates, but the Windows Update.log file will show error 0x800C0008.

Resolutions:
This is a generic error number which indicates a problem with the SSL connection with our server.

Some customers have resolved this issue by disabling or uninstalling internet acceleration software.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion 2
============
The error may occur because the language-setting in Internet Explorer is missing. To add a language, in Internet Explorer, select Tools-->Internet Options, and click the "Languages" button. Add a language to the list if empty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion 3
============
Check the system time. SSL will not function if the system time is more than 100 days off.
Suggestion 4
============
Please uncheck "Check for server certificate revocation":

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on Tools
3. Click on Internet Option from the drop down menu
4. Click on the Advanced tab
5. Scroll down to the Security Section
6. Unselect "Check for server certificate revocation"
7. Reboot the machine
Suggestion 5
============
One customer performed an MSN Messenger update, which fixed his 0x800c0008 Windows Update issue as well. Correlation not yet determined but an avenue to check if you have MSN Messenger installed.

Thanks for the heads up Handy...it was the language setting...I put U.S. English in there and it worked fine...:)

This question is becoming more common in these forums and other tech forums. I seen some other people has the same problem. Can't they understand what to do if they experience problems with Windows Update. Microsoft has a FAQ and help documentation on Windows Update.

sometimes it just feels nice to ask your friends and your family.

that's what we are...friends and family

yeah...forums are typically for help...if ya don't like helping...kinda defeats the whole point if you ask me

yeah! ntfs.org is the best

wait...... am i promoting ntfs.org?? no not at all..... but it just simply the best :p

the folks on this board have helped me more than they could possibly ever know

Members online

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back