Any1 know how to??

w0lv3rin3

The Source
Political Access
how to make a user account in XP pro 100% admin

100% super user!

no user account can be the administrator, but all accounts can be an administrator

what you want can't be done...the administrator is the only account that can be 100% administrator

i get this error

Some subcommands require local Administrator privileges.

log on as "the administrator" and do what you need to do, but do not make this an everyday thing

dealer, once again, has a very good point. too much control over one's pc could be bad news for the functionallity. also, you should have at least two accounts, that way if your main account locks you out some how (it's been known to happen), then you still have the admin account to debug.

yeah.

don't know

Hey, don't know that one....but here is something for you. If you are like me and like to do a clean install of XP oh about every 3-4 months then I recommend this. When you install XP make sure to give the Admin account a password. When you get to the screen that says you must enter yoru name or a name for a user just reboot your computer. When your machine comes back up it will bypass that screen and you will now only have Administrator on your Welcome Screen. Then I usually create a user or two....

I like having the Administrator appear on the Welcome Screen as well as other users.....

just my 2 cents

HaxCode

damn, i always wanted to know how to get around that damn make user account shit

ok, to make ur accont an admin account just: >> right click my computer >> select manage >> click on local users and groups. find your group and put it in the administrators group.

now a tip. don't use ur admin account for everyday tasks. if you get infected with a virus while using an admin account the virus will have the admin account permissions. thats bad. also, if you walk away from ur computer and somebody sits infront of it they have admin privledges. this is also bad. this is what you should do. create a basic user account and use the runas command whenever you need to use the admin account. only use the admin account when you really need to.

just a tip from a MCSE =]

oDin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back