anti-virus

• Thread starter sk8caliguy00
  • Start date
S

sk8caliguy00

i am very puzzled on what anti-virus program i should use. i was using norton 2003 pro until it dident catch a virus in my restore files and i trashed norton and started using pc-cillin 2003. i guess pc-cillin is working ok. ive heard it doesnt use that many system resources which is nice but ive heard its not as good as the others. i have 768mb ddr and from what ive heard norton corp. is the best and that norton 2004 uses a lot of memory and has some bugs in it. so anyone have any advice on what i should use and also include what AV ur using.
Thanks

Personally, I'd recommend either Norton/Symantec (version doesn't matter as long as it's recent) or Kaspersky. Both have very good detection rates.
I use Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 8.1, and it does a fine job.

Whatever software you end up using, make sure you update your definitions at least once a week, either using the automatic update feature that most software contains today, or manually if it does not.

sk8caliguy00 - the reason your NAV 2003 did not catch the virus in your system restore file was because the System Volume Information Folder is excluded from Virus Scanning by default. NAV did not detect the virus because that folder was not scanned.

This is be checked by selecting Nav Options, Auto-Protect, Exclusions and you will see the SVI is excluded.

why would norton leave that as the default not to scan area.

Thanks for the answer. I cant seem to get nav corp or kaspersky so either nav 2004 pro, nav 2003, or stay with pc-cillin. what do u guys think.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back