Another obvious question!!

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
For some reason some of my folders are showing this synbol, see attached image, and i cannot delete those folders. anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• warning circle.jpg
    warning circle.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 126
more that likely you dont have the right permission, normally this is for root folders/system and other user files/folders

i certainly have the permissions is my machine... i even went into permissions and manually set all the permissions and made the machine to "apply to enclosed folders" read/write for everyone, the folder is shared, i'll unshare it and see if that helps.

ok undoing shared did not work, doing everything apple tells me to do does not work.... ****...

UPDATE

Well i managed to delete it, but without apples ****ing help i actually connected through a share from my pc and deleted the folder that way....

That's one of the many reasons I'm a Windows guy :D

Glad you resolved the problem though.

You could have probably deleted it from via Terminal if you sudo'd, you just didn't have permission to delete it. This sort of thing can happen from time to time when you don't run an OS as admin by default (glares at Windows box). :)

i am in admin mode ALL the time, although this is not advised, so there is no reason for this to have happened nd i did try to delete it from terminal and that did not help either, which is ****ing weird.

i am in admin mode ALL the time, although this is not advised, so there is no reason for this to have happened nd i did try to delete it from terminal and that did not help either, which is ****ing weird.
You may be the "admin" user but did you sudo or input your password in the course of deleting this file? If not you didn't have the correct privileges. :(

and they say mac os makes life easier...

For John Doe user yes, I would even venture to say that it has made my life easier, and I consider myself a power user. However people seem to jump on Apple as soon as something goes wrong, yet it is after all software. It is after all written by humans to run on a device made by humans. Issues will crop up. I too have plenty of issues with Mac OS X every so often, especially when I am attempting to do cross platform things. For example mounting an CIFS share from an OpenSolaris host. At first it would not work, and I had no idea why. I had to change settings on both OpenSolaris and Mac OS X, there was no handy little window telling me what to do. Would have been nice.

That is why there is a choice of what OS to run on the market, you may select from many of the different OS's that exist and pick the one that suites you best.

All OS's are designed and built to make life easier. At least that is what everyone's ads keep proclaiming (Windows Mohave anyone? Mac vs PC ads anyone?)

Overall it is my personal believe that Mac OS X does make things simpler in the long run compared to Windows, Linux, and any other Unix derived OS (Excluding Mach as a Unix derivative).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back