An Update on iPhone MMS for our Mobility Customers

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
About freakin time!

We know many of our iPhone customers are eager for an update on our rollout schedule for Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS). We’ve been working for the past several months to prepare our systems and network to ensure the best possible experience with MMS when it launches – and that launch date is: September 25 for iPhone 3G and 3GS customers. MMS will be enabled through a software update on that day.

We know that iPhone users will embrace MMS. The unique capabilities and high usage of the iPhone’s multimedia capabilities required us to work on our network MMS architecture to carry the expected record volumes of MMS traffic and ensure an excellent experience from Day One. We appreciate your patience as we work toward that end.

We’re riding the leading edge of smartphone growth that’s resulted in an explosion of traffic over the AT&T network. Wireless use on our network has grown an average of 350 percent year-over-year for the past two years, and is projected to continue at a rapid pace in 2009 and beyond. The volume of smartphone data traffic the AT&T network is handling is unmatched in the wireless industry. We want you to know that we’re working relentlessly to innovate and invest in our network to anticipate this growth in usage and to stay ahead of the anticipated growth in data demand, new devices and applications for years to come.

AT&T Media Kit

omfg this is another love hate relationship with at&t welcome to 2005 at&t

Holy freakin crap it's about time. I guess when they said that it'd be available by the end of this summer, they meant the END of this summer..... which wasn't even much of a summer to begin with.

I can kinda see why they worked so hard on the system to make sure it'd work well from day one. I mean... the iPhone has become the most used camera on Flickr. Kinda stupid if you ask me. could see maybe for MySpace or FaceBook.... but Flickr? a site dedicated to nice photography? granted the iPhone 3GS has one nice quality camera.... but nothing compared to the Canon Digital Rebel that it surpassed.

Hopefully they're not just saying that they were tweaking the system though. September 25th, cell towers and such get crammed with people sending MMS messages... *poof*

I read that the other day gonaads, still, non-AT&T customers would have to wait until 2011 or 2012.

I read that the other day gonaads, still, non-AT&T customers would have to wait until 2011 or 2012.

2012...? It would be too late by then. The world ends 2012.

It's nice to see that now people can do MMS on their phones. Thank you Apple and AT&T for re-inventing the wheel. I can't wait for your advertisements demonstrating how this amazing new feature will take us into the next decade.

Kudos to you that in only 3 years, you have introduced the world of cell phones to a video camera on a phone, cut and paste and now, MMS. Who woulda thunk such things were possible.

Gonaads: Hey.... the world ends on 12/21/12..... so at least they'd have the better chunk of the year to use the iPhone. lol

Gonaads: Hey.... the world ends on 12/21/12..... so at least they'd have the better chunk of the year to use the iPhone. lol

And if ya trip on that date... and a 1 and a 2 and a... same digits over and over. Well yeah the year 2012 but a zero (0) is only a placeholder in mathamatics all the rest are a 1 and a 2. :eek: And they be prime. Well, 1 really isn't, but you get the weirdness of it all.

So we all get to make our last phone call on an iPhone. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back