AMD 64 3500 Winchester CPU

Tweakfiend

OSNN Senior Addict
Had installed with Abit 3rd Eye Motherboard recently.
Used newer Artic Silver 6 paste whcih seemd a lot thicker than previous issiues.
Found system temp fluctuated from 22 C to 42 in short period of time for no good reason and lost network facility / system very unstable.
Took out paste had totally locked solid CPu to heatsink.
Even though was careful.....took 2 hours to unbend about 20 of the CPU pins that had bent as a result of pulling it off.
Maybe this was a bad batch of A/Silver.?
Then tried with older A/Silver 3..... thinner but even consistency...totally stable on op temp of 21 c.
Anyone had this sort of problem?

You may or may not have read the little notice provided with A/S paste that mentions the time period for the paste to become more stable.
I've only used AS3 since AS5/6 makes little difference in terms of lowering temp.

I got no such little notice, but I surely DID notice how thick the paste was and it DID give me some issues in trying to get an EVEN AND THIN coat - I suspect mine was thicker than it needed to be :(

Would be interested to know what that little note had to say....

Does the winchester come with full barrel reloading? sorry I have to throw the odd gun joke in now and again :D

Dublex said:
Does the winchester come with full barrel reloading? sorry I have to throw the odd gun joke in now and again :D

Very good !
When its working properly, good low working temp of 22 - 24 C

ming said:
You may or may not have read the little notice provided with A/S paste that mentions the time period for the paste to become more stable.
I've only used AS3 since AS5/6 makes little difference in terms of lowering temp.

3 Days long enough to become stable ??

Im not sure. I guess it'll depend on whether you've left your machine running for 3days non-stop.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back