all video and images come upside down

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
o crap -- all video and images come upside down

yeah this is a bit weird. I was trying to open up this jpeg and it came upside down and it wasn't originally upside down so i was just like whatever. then now i opened up a mpg and the video is upside down too! ahh - can someone help?"

prodj88 said:
yeah this is a bit weird. I was trying to open up this jpeg and it came upside down and it wasn't originally upside down so i was just like whatever. then now i opened up a mpg and the video is upside down too! ahh - can someone help?"

Restart to see if it goes away. Sounds like someone played a trick on you.

Coincidence I think.

The wrong CODEC can sometimes cause a video to play upside down as you say - i have seen this myself, a JPEG on the other hand.... Pfff, I doubt it was the right way up to start with - rotate it and see if it stays, also, look for some other JPEG's on your system, I'm betting they are OK.

If not - sorry - no idea.

BTW - why is your sig the wrong way round, is that a joke or summit?

*whistle*
;)

ok i fixed the problem kinda, i went to the DivX settings and told it to flip the video input verticaloy so now everythign is dandy. and are you joking about my sig?? is it really the wrong way?

if it happens again just turn the monitor upside down and you should be fine :D

prodj88 said:
ok i fixed the problem kinda, i went to the DivX settings and told it to flip the video input verticaloy so now everythign is dandy. and are you joking about my sig?? is it really the wrong way?
Hes just messing with you :)

On the other hand it is too big, max size is 500 pixels wide and 150 pixels in height. Please adjust
http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34

Flipped video is a normal problem to have occur. Besides the way you found to correct the problem, it can also be fixed in much the same way using FFDShow, or it can be fixed through the registry be making the following change:

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Scrunch/WMVideo/Vertical Flip Packed YUV, and then set the DWORD value of this registry key to 1.

ffdshow rocks! it fixed all my problems last year when i was experiencing codec difficulties. i just never thought of using it for this case tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back