All usernames lost!

tell us whats going on Enyo, thats why i posted this and get told i got a bad attitude m8. not tryin to fall out with u PK but you guys got to know wtf was going on, no one else did, 1st i cant get on the site, then when i finally do, i may have well hit the wrong URL.

and all i knew was i had to make a new account :|

heres me sat there thinking, ahh it's another test like last time, soon all the posts will appear, then next thing it will be back to normal. :|:|:|

then i see EP's post and am like oh well, better go make a new account till they sort it out, thinking ahh tis ok theres a backup.

its a tech site, post what happend man.

and as for the "what we gunna do" didn't the ISP make backups ? theres susposed too aint they ?? :) (did annyone think of this) could mabey get the entire site rolled back a week, now EP knows his mistakes, he would get it right the 2nd time. ?
you know, make a proper backup this time and get it all right ???

stab in the dark i know but it's got to be better then the state its in now. :|

im sure that even without any backups we can have this place up and running and full of great info in no time. we have a whole team of great mods working hard and a lot of users, so we will be back :D

ok im gunna go sit in the corner and sulk now

/rant over

*offers PK the hand of friendship ;)*

We (the mods) don't know *exactly* what happened.

I can tell you as much as i know.

Last night [e]-punk closed the forum for a upgrade about 20mins into that the site became partially unreachable. I was still able to gain normal access but [e]-punk and some other staff were not able to do so.

When [e]-punk attempted to connect via SSH it seemed to hang after logging in.

Eventually (I don't know what fixed it) he was able to get back in and discovered mysql had crashed.

Shortly after that time the forum was setup again and [e]-punk told us the database had been lost.

Prior to this upgrade a database backup had been done but it seems a error prevented it from completing and this was not noticed.

We have a old backup and yesterdays backup which contains the posts but not the users. Due to this problem it cant be restored but it appears they will try to extract the posts and place them into a archive.

Thats about all i know at this stage.

info has been availible for most of the day yesterday on IRC. There was an update that was going to happen but something went really wrong. The backup didnt take, prolly because the previous site was very customised, and the backup was not a full one. The restore is in process and will take some time. The Admins decided to go with the vBullentin update for the forums anway and start over. We can always add the threads, if they can be salvaged, later.
As far as a falling out with me, I am here to answer questions the best I can. You dont need to bad mouth the forums and I wont take that either. Other mods are more patient but I am not. You get what you give.

Now I think I have answered your question to some sort of satifaction. I dont want this to be a flame thread. I love this place and only want the best for it.

It's not the end of the world people.
EP didn't do it on purpose you know :p

PseudoKiller said:
Now I think I have answered your question to some sort of satifaction. I dont want this to be a flame thread. I love this place and only want the best for it.

i aint flaming PK hence me last post to you, me wouldn't want to get on the wrong side ya ;)

and i know marge, just a huge bloody shock hun :|

oooerr I go away for a few weeks and look at all that happens :S

Geffy said:
oooerr I go away for a few weeks and look at all that happens :S
fine then no more vacations for you... get to work :D

dam it 4 hours @ work and all this happens :(

On a happier note:

I like the new forum software. Nice shade of blue (my favorite color).

Henyman said:
dam it 4 hours @ work and all this happens :(
and not to mention the loss of all your cowpr0n posts :D

*all members cheering* :D

[the real reason why]:p

that on spammers-paradise ;)

didn't work though if ya google it sp doesn't even apear :(

I agree, this place does look nice with it's makeover!

its quite nice, and who cares if we started over, post counts dont matter anyways. If it really does, then start posting my friend!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back