• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AIM is so festive...

/rant
AOL Instant messenger can't take the hint that I DON'T want icons, whether they are IM or not. And the memory usage...do you have these problems?
/end rant

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I've never had AIM use up that much memory, but I don't hardly ever use AIM though. I think I might have read somewhere that a certain version had that problem... not sure which version though. Those icons are annoying too, that's the first thing I take care of after installing it. Start Menu (twice) and Favorites folder... very annoying! :mad:

Originally posted by muzikool
I've never had AIM use up that much memory, but I don't hardly ever use AIM though. I think I might have read somewhere that a certain version had that problem... not sure which version though. Those icons are annoying too, that's the first thing I take care of after installing it. Start Menu (twice) and Favorites folder... very annoying! :mad:
What he said ^^ :D
I've never seen AIM use that much RAM, even with DeadAIM installed. It might be a memory leak. Try updating to the latest stable version.

And yes, the icons are VERY annoying. Everytime I install a new version, I only hope that it doesn't put those AOL Broadband icons all over the place...but it does. :rolleyes:

If it weren't for people in school, I wouldn't be using this junk. MSN Messenger is far superior in my opinion.

Originally posted by NetRyder
MSN Messenger is far superior in my opinion.
Agreed...MSN 6 flung them to the number one spot in usage. Those "leaks" paid off. I wonder how many of your school people use MSN as well as AOL...

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown