AGP Drivers - Error

Andy

Meep.
I am not entirely sure what agp drivers are, since I've never been asked about them before and took them for granted, but my computer is barking at me to update or install some because the previous lot are either out of date or non-exsistant.

Where do I download them? I know I'm running a 128MB DDR GeForce FX5200 AGP Card, anything else i need to know before i can download the correct ones?

Nope, that is all you need to know, since Nvidia uses the same drivers for dang near every board they have. You can get the drivers at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Had some nice experience with beta drivers I have gotten from some 3d site I can't remember the name of, but the WHQL ones are not bad either.

Take Care

I already have these drivers installed.

I will try to reinstall and see what happens.

Ok - didnt make a difference.

Recently, my games have been crashing after a certain period of time, and I have so far been living with this because I've been working. Now, id like it fixed. None of the games have been giving errors, just crashing and rebooting the system - but on installing 'There' - the 3d chat program to have a look around, I got this error:

AGP drivers missing or out of date

Your computer contains an AGP port to accelerate graphics. The drivers for this port are either missing or are too old to allow the port to perform properly.

This problem is common if you built your machine yourself, or if you have upgraded the operating system on your machine but have not installed new drivers for your motherboard.

If you know where your computer was purchased, you should try that vendor's website to see if they have motherboard drivers for you to download.

Otherwise, if you know what kind of motherboard you have, you can find the appropriate drivers on the website of the motherboard vendor.

Your system reports that you have a via motherboard.

... which I am attributing to why the other games arent working. I have reinstalled the drivers as linked above, and still recieve this error.

What else can I do?

Have you installed the VIA 4in1 driver set? That one contains the AGP driver you need (I think)

hybrid... first thing is first...

go to control panel > system > startup& recovery and turn of reboot on error...

that way you will actually get (hopefully) an error message on a crash...

now could you explain how long this has been happening and what graphics device you had installed previously?

nominally installing the new WHQL drivers from nvidia should fix any problems you are having... if it is not a driver related error (ie and IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL thinger) than you can take steps to rectify the issue...

if there are any other graphics drivers present in your system (ie ATi drivers).. purge them and install fresh...

actually... another thing just popped into my mind (i have a small brain so bear with me :cool: )

go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager and list down all items that have an exclamation mark next to them... I am assuming one of them is going to be the gfx card...

we'll work our way from there...

Glaanieboy said:
Have you installed the VIA 4in1 driver set? That one contains the AGP driver you need (I think)

Where do I get that, then?

hybrid... first thing is first...

go to control panel > system > startup& recovery and turn of reboot on error...

that way you will actually get (hopefully) an error message on a crash...

Ok, done.

now could you explain how long this has been happening and what graphics device you had installed previously?

About a week. Its the only card thats been in the machine, apart from a brief stint with a broken 9600.

nominally installing the new WHQL drivers from nvidia should fix any problems you are having... if it is not a driver related error (ie and IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL thinger) than you can take steps to rectify the issue...

if there are any other graphics drivers present in your system (ie ATi drivers).. purge them and install fresh...

Ok - just checked and there are - from the old card, ill do that too.

actually... another thing just popped into my mind (i have a small brain so bear with me :cool: )

go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager and list down all items that have an exclamation mark next to them... I am assuming one of them is going to be the gfx card...

Thats not happening.

we'll work our way from there...[/QUOTE]

okies... hybrid... can you give some information about your system? ie what motherboard you have and what not?

also when you say "thats not happening" wrt the control panel what do you mean?

Sazar said:
okies... hybrid... can you give some information about your system? ie what motherboard you have and what not?

also when you say "thats not happening" wrt the control panel what do you mean?

I dont know a terrible lot about this computer, the old computer, sure - i built it and knew the parts so well because i was ringing to complain about the late delivery everyday, but this machine, namely the "Matrix Pro XP 3000 Pro" from Novatech (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/PCrange.html?MTP), i'm not too familar with just yet.

I'll pop the bonnet asap and hunt around for some indication on the motherboard.

and by 'not happening' - i mean theres no exclaimation point beside it, device manager says its workin' fine.

download and run Aida32. That will tell you what chipset you have, amongst a whole lot of other info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back