• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Age of Empires 1

Z

Zenman

I am running an Athlon 1400+ and run Age 1 with no problems.There may be a patch for Age,but I didn't need it.Try the compatibility mode(good luck,I think it's a joke half the time).Also,I saw an Athlon Patch on windows update.......

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
An Athlon patch? I didn't see one on WindowsUpdate...
As for the patch, you can get it here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/aoe/Patch/1.0c/W9X/EN-US/AOEPATCH.exe

I recommend that you install the patch anyway, because it adds the following:

Microsoft Age of Empires Update 1.0c is an upgrade of Age of Empires 1.0 that includes the 1.0a & 1.0b patches, along with several enhancements and gameplay fixes. These changes include:

Idle Villager Key - Pressing the period ( . ) key selects and centers the view on a villager or fishing boat that is not assigned a task. Pressing ( . ) cycles though all idle villagers and boats in the game. This is a keyboard-only command; there is no on-screen control for it.

Shang Food Cost - The cost of a Shang villager was reduced to 40 food. The amount of food the Shang player starts with was reduced by 40.

Phoenician Woodcutting Bonus - Phoenician villagers now work 15% faster. In previous versions of Age of Empires, they worked 54% percent faster.
For a complete description of all the patch improvements, please read the readme file.

Version Compatibility
If you are playing a multiplayer game, all players must be using the same version of Age of Empires.

If you are playing a saved game, it must be from the same version of Age of Empires you currently have installed.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix