• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

after adding memory do you have to reconfigure windows XP?

P

PseudoKiller

No there is nothing you have to do as long as when you boot up it shows the correct amount of RAM... yes its that easy.

ming

OSNN Advanced
It's not like the previous versions of windows where you had to re-install the OS just to make it adjust itself to the new resource or memory.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Originally posted by ming
It's not like the previous versions of windows where you had to re-install the OS just to make it adjust itself to the new resource or memory.
huh? :confused: what versions of windows did do that?

ming

OSNN Advanced
From my experience Win95 and 98 slowed down when I added ram to the system. I also read it somewhere on in those computer mags... back in those days.

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
tee hee

if you are letting the system manage your virtual memory, then the initial minimum will be permanently increased

this will fragment the pagefile

and sooooooooooooooo

ypu should probably have to defrag the pagefile after you increase your memory

but on the other hand

everyone else is also right, because you won't notice a hit of a fragmented pagefile unless you are really putting your memory under severe pressure

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix