• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Admin password! Plz help!

S

Spider

Hey guys!
I got a custom made machine, which was loaded with Win XP Pro. Since they installed it, i dont know the admin password. I can however log in to admin account, since te pass is saved. But recently, i had to repair XP, and since it asks for an admin pass, i cant get any further! Plz help! how do i get the admin password?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Run computer management (compmgmt.msc)
Navigate to:

- System Tools
- Local Users and Groups
- Users

Right click administrator
Click 'Set password'

Done.

S

Spider

guess i was too hasty in posting! it didn't work, when i boot from the xp cd, and go to repair, it still doesn't accept the admin pass. got one more account, which has admin priviliges, that pass didn't work too. back to square 1!! :(

yoyo

By default the admin password is created blank. You simply have to press Enter when asked for it. You probably tried that, but just in case...

S

Spider

yup, i tried that too! i'm stumped! trying to find some software that helps me recover my admin pass. but in vain!

N

NegativeFactor

Can't you just ask the company that you got the machine from? They proberly have a standard one that they always use.

A

Aarow

If All else fails download "PassWare".
it has a Administrator password reset for Windows.
As well as a lot of other handy things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge