• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Added 2nd HD

C

cat826237

I added a 2nd HD. It is identical to the original drive. Seagate 40 gig 7200 rpm. Have a DELL 1.8 with 256 RDRAM. OS is XP home. Can I make this setup work for 2 users, using different logon passwords?

You can add another user with
Start > Control Panel
then going to User Accounts
Click the option to add another user setup their Name and Password
You dont really need to add a 2nd HDD to add a second user. You can alter the settings of each user so that their My Documents are stored on the 2nd Disk in case of primary hard drive failure

Do you mean:

Can you use one drive for each user?

No. There is only one "Boot" HD in a system. Both user accounts will be on that drive.

You can move most of the user data storage to the second drive and install programs for just the second user to it.

C

cat826237

Partition Magic ?

A supposed expert tells me I can use the "BOOT MAGIC" option on this program to accomplish what I need to do. Right or wrong ????

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
XP has its own boot manager, if you put the cd in and boot from it, then install XP to the new hard drive, you will get a duel boot option.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar