Active Desktop Tutorial

okay okay, you win.
Everyone: For the record Nin.Co gave me the program.
Happy Nin.Co?:rolleyes:

Does anyone know of a good way to display local weather on the desktop, aside from the coolmon script? The coolmon script is ok, but I don't particularly care for having to do it with scheduling, as I've always had a problem with it because I don't have a password on my user. Just wanted to know if anyone knew anything simpler.

ere's mine wel kinda lol, does any1 know how to make the bk ground of the HTMl transparent or chage the WMP bk ground to black???????

Like the coulor's #FFFFFF, #000000 etc but transparent (Y)

you can make the desktop background black by going to display properties, then Appearance, then Advanced.
Use the pull down menu there to select desktop and change the colour.

Guys, i started to work on my active dtop again and i was wondering if there is anyway to get rid of the border that appers when i pass the mouse over the link.
See pic.

How do I link to My Documents, My Music, My Videos, etc?

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\My Documents
C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\My Music
C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\My Videos

What do I put in the .vbs file?

[edit]Nevermind, worked it out[/edit]

I was trying to add a shortcut from my internet connection to my c windows so i could link it to active desktop but had no luck.
Does anybody know how to do it?

Were you able to drag a connection shortcut onto your desktop?

Could you not then use that shortcut to create the Active Desktop link?

I need help again. Cant work this out myself this time.

Trying to make links to control panel.

DFX, For the Control Panel link, I had to go into My Computer and drag it to where I wanted in order to create the shortcut.

Leo: i was able to create a shortcut to my network connection just now by right-clicking on it and going to greate shortcut. That let me look at the properties. is that what you are trying to get?

can i make the wallpaper to be my background( the default is white)?

if can how?

Put your wallpaper in the fllwg tag (replace picture.jpg)

<BODY background=picture.jpg>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back