Acronis True image 9 question

mooo

thecyberninja
I was wondering if anyone here uses acronis true image 9??
I just upgraded from 8 and it seems that windows98 is not that happy with the backup @ shutdown option. Anyone have an idea on how to make a shortcut to start an operation for it? When I seem to schedule the task and just run when I want it doesn't mess up so thinking this would just be easier before shutdown time.

Thanks,
mooo

ming

OSNN Advanced
Stick with version 8 if you don't use the File/Folder backup option. (ie if you only do full partition/drive backups then use version 8.)

mooo

thecyberninja
I use the file/folder option. I am just backing up 1 folder every day at shutdown from work and it renames to visionbackupa.tib , visionbackupb.tib and so on.. which isn't bad.. just want to make it easy on me and do the short cut on the desktop.

mooo

thecyberninja
it's cool, I think i am just crazy thinking that before I had a shortcut but my short term memory is shot :( damn those teenage years!!

do you know any other programs for backup like acronis?? I been getting blue screen with 9.2337 (all of 9 actually) and was looking for other options. Its the company money so I am not THAT worried about it :p

Last edited:

ming

OSNN Advanced
Acronis is the best I've used so far. I used to use Norton Ghost, but that required me to backup via a restart which I found annoying.
I've tried Version 9 and didn't quite like it to be honest. Although file/folder backup is something I wanted to see implemented in Acronis, I felt more comfortable staying with Version 8.
It surprises me to see soooo many updates for Version 9 being announced on this forum - never saw a single thread/frontpage post on Version 8 updates. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut