• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Accessing Pass Protected XP My Docs in Win2000

R

RyanC

I posted earlier about a problem with trying to install SP1. I've resorted to reinstalling, which has failed. Miserably. Now, XP keeps giving me fatal error messages saying that I'm unable to install (after 3/4 of the reinstall was completed).

Now, I'm not even able to boot up into XP because it goes straight into setup and giving me the same error messages.

So, I've reached a final solution. I'm going to get rid of my XP partition entirely and stick with good ol' Win2000.

Since I logged on to XP with a password, all of my documents are now password protected, and I'm unable to make a backup of them on my Win2000 drive.

There has to be some sort of a way for me to recover these files since both drives are formatted in NTFS.

Would it help if I deleted my Win XP WINDOWS directory and then tried booting up again, or would this end up formatting my HD?

R

RyanC

Problem solved. Its amazing how far you can get by monkeying around with the check boxes

I'm still formatting the D: drive though. Grrrr..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies